Ruger GP100 possible great steal on gunbroker

PDA

indie
July 11, 2008, 02:14 PM
I just spent the last two hours talking myself out of clicking buy it now. I emailed the seller about shipping costs but didnt get a response yet.

So i thought i would pass it along to the high roaders.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104502196

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger GP100 possible great steal on gunbroker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Beatnik
July 11, 2008, 02:31 PM
There's gotta be something wrong with it.
Or perhaps he didn't mean to put the buy-it-now on.

indie
July 11, 2008, 02:41 PM
if anyone snatches it up let us know how it turns out

rantingredneck
July 11, 2008, 02:52 PM
Holy crap. Wish I could get hold of a friend of mine right now. He's been looking for one.

Legionnaire
July 11, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hmmm. Last feedback was in 2006 ... and what's with the funky looking side plate on the bottom, upside down picture?

Schmidlin
July 11, 2008, 07:13 PM
i dont think its funky...if you look its the same as the top pic just upside down. So i think he just posted the picture wrong.

i took the pic from that page and flipped it right ways, and its just how the light hits the gun when its upside down. Not sure though.

Some one should really ask whats up with the price cause someone is going to get a steal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104435681

compare that pic to this one on this sale.

bestseller92
July 11, 2008, 07:32 PM
I just bought a new GP100 or I'd probably grab this one.

rantingredneck
July 11, 2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah if I didn't have two 4" stainless ones myself..........

Wish my friend would answer his phone though. Oh well. I left him a message.

d821
July 11, 2008, 08:50 PM
rantingredneck don't worry about your friend calling. I just used the buy it now. I'll let youall know how it looks and works when it gets here. I'v been looking for a good priced GP100 for some time now. Hope this ones it.
Thanks for the heads up.

PzGren
July 12, 2008, 12:15 AM
I paid less than that for mine about three years ago and it is still in much better condition.

What is the going rate on a used GP100 now - and in which part of the country?

rantingredneck
July 12, 2008, 07:53 AM
About 380-400 here for a LNIB stainless one.

finfanatic
July 12, 2008, 08:13 AM
Bought a used 4" stainless, with box and papers, had not been fired much IMO, for $395. That was at the gunshow in Montgomery, AL about a month ago.

bestseller92
July 12, 2008, 08:46 AM
I got my new 4" stainless for $440.

indie
July 12, 2008, 09:49 AM
you got one heck of a deal

I just checked my email and he said 13.38 for shipping

so i clicked back and almost went back and bought it myself if it was still there lol.

DevilDog0402
July 12, 2008, 10:24 AM
Gone. :(

What was the BuyNow price?

easyrider6042004@yahoo.ca
July 12, 2008, 11:30 AM
$225.00:banghead:

PzGren
July 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
Well, if you want to wait, there will be another one for that price. I paid $ 200for mine but for that amount of money I can still find plenty of Six series revolvers.

And to be honest, I prefer the Service Six over the GP100.

gruesomenewsom
July 12, 2008, 03:24 PM
i got my 6" ss gp100 for $299 at a local gun store around here in box with the manual and everything, like new condition. damn thing shoots more accurately than my python.

QwikKotaTx
July 14, 2008, 03:20 PM
I think I did ok at $350 for a very good condition 6" Stainless with extra grips and 3 speedloaders plus a holster. Unfortunately I had to add $50 in transfers and shipping on top of that. Not awful but not brag worthy like $300 out the door. I am curious as to what most people say they paid for a firearm. I usually round to the nearest $25 after tax and shipping if applicable. Of course you can subtract for any extras included such as holsters and ammo. Tax can add $50 to a decent handgun. D821, please let us know how she shows up.

PzGren
July 14, 2008, 11:40 PM
QuikkotaTx,

I am usually accurate with the prices that I paid and since I buy mostly from individuals, I have no tax making it an uneven number.

I always try to get accessories along with a gun since accessories are usually just thrown into the deal without reflecting their value.

Shade00
July 15, 2008, 03:23 AM
If I could find a stainless Six series revolver in my area I'd be all over. I passed one up at $260, then decided to go back the next morning for it and it was naturally GONE. I have been scouring the shops for a Six since then - found a blued one for $360. Kinda discouraged. I did find a 6" like new GP100 blued for $325, but not what I was interested in. Really wish I could find a Six series, though. Been hankering to add a Ruger to my collection and I just don't want to settle for an SP101.

Oro
July 15, 2008, 04:26 AM
My view on this is that was a great deal, but there is a rule that you don't post links to live auctions. It's a rule at other boards I visit, but not explicit here.

Should another member be bidding or following it because of searching, and you aren't willing to actually "man up" and bid, you've just destroyed his or her work. I think posting links to auctions you aren't willing to bid on yourself is just weak and churlish. Many sites ban the practice of posting links to live auctions, and I really wish this one would, also. It's just decent and honest.

machinisttx
July 15, 2008, 05:04 AM
My view on this is that was a great deal, but there is a rule that you don't post links to live auctions. It's a rule at other boards I visit, but not explicit here.

Should another member be bidding or following it because of searching, and you aren't willing to actually "man up" and bid, you've just destroyed his or her work. I think posting links to auctions you aren't willing to bid on yourself is just weak and churlish. Many sites ban the practice of posting links to live auctions, and I really wish this one would, also. It's just decent and honest.

Translation--- "I don't want anyone to keep me from getting an outrageously low price on gun xxx because they may have overlooked that particular listing previously."

machinisttx
July 15, 2008, 05:13 AM
I am curious as to what most people say they paid for a firearm. I usually round to the nearest $25 after tax and shipping if applicable. Of course you can subtract for any extras included such as holsters and ammo. Tax can add $50 to a decent handgun. D821, please let us know how she shows up.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/imakechips/smith%20and%20wesson/100_0842.jpg

I paid $330 in a face to face sale for the 8 3/8" M586 no dash above, and $378.86 OTD for the M17-2 also pictured.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/imakechips/smith%20and%20wesson/100_0835.jpg

$325 in a face to face sale for the M31-1 above

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/imakechips/gun%20stuff/100_0808.jpg

$260 face to face for the 4" M66-5 pictured and around $360(I'd have to find the receipt for the exact price) to a dealer for the 2.5" M66-5 also pictured.

I don't round up or round down. I post either the exact dollar amount or very close if I can't remember the exact price.

Oro
July 15, 2008, 05:15 AM
Translation--- "I don't want anyone to keep me from getting an outrageously low price on gun xxx because they may have overlooked that particular listing previously."

Exactly. Either you believe in individual initiative, or you don't. Welcome to the America most of us defend, or the one lib/***** want to create. Most gun sites follow this rule, and I do whether I am at that site or this one. If you don't feel that that applies, well, that's on your conscience.

Again, it's not my policy to set. I do spend my time mostly on sites that follow such ethical rules - I only pop over here when bored. When the standards here are higher, I'll spend more time here. If your values are "we eat our young" - then, well, this just isn't the place I want to be!

bestseller92
July 15, 2008, 08:10 AM
I don't think there was anything wrong with the poster listing this auction because AT THE TIME HE POSTED IT, THERE HAD BEEN NO BIDS.

And as it turns out, only one person bid on it overall.

bestseller92
July 15, 2008, 08:13 AM
Also, if anyone had been "following" that auction, they didn't lose out because someone here outbid them, they lost out because they were too timid to "pull the trigger" on a really low "Buy Now" price.

QwikKotaTx
July 15, 2008, 08:45 AM
Those sound like some pretty good deals machinisttx. Nice wheel guns!

indie
July 15, 2008, 09:23 AM
Kamerer in response.

There was a buy it now price of 225. Which was the same as the opening bid price. So there wasnt going to be any bidding.

I posted it because the gun wasnt going to be around long with a buy it now at 225.

I decided to pass on it, but hoped i could help out a fellow high roader who might want one since everyone here has been so helpfull to me.

I however was not aware of such a rule and apologize if I have violated any forum rules.

Schmidlin
July 15, 2008, 05:03 PM
i dont think anyone really had those thoughts described in mind until someone brought them up. I dint see a problem with indies post, actually i think it was really cool of him to post it how he did. His intentions where good so thats all that matters.

Oro
July 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
I however was not aware of such a rule and apologize if I have violated any forum rules.

Nope, no rules violated. I was just bringing it up as a discussion point. Machinisttx got a little hot and nasty about it, but no one else did.

I think it's a good rule in general. Someone might be watching or planning on bidding. In this case, there was no harm at all, and someone here got a sweet deal - so all ended well. But in the future it might not be the same.

Again, I was implying no harsh judgement on Indie or anyone, just bringing up the subject as a consideration going forward.

d821
July 26, 2008, 03:47 PM
OK the GP100 just came in today. The discoloration in the phtos was from the camera flash. This gun has been shot but not much other than a tiny bit of wear in the blue on the right side of the muzzle it looks new. Off to the range in the morning to see how it shoots.

Schmidlin
July 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
You got a deal and a half...geez.

indie
July 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
d821, enjoy your gun and thanks for the update. Let us know how the range trip went if you dont mind.

FLoppyTOE
July 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
Damn, I've been looking for one of those at a good price. Day Late.

Tully M. Pick
July 28, 2008, 05:17 PM

You haven't, so no need for that. Thanks for posting a great deal! I only I wish I had seen it when the auction was live. I look forward to everyone else doing the same.

Legionnaire
July 28, 2008, 05:38 PM
d821, thanks for coming back with an update. Glad things worked out for you! Assume range report will follow ...

tblt
July 28, 2008, 07:53 PM
i got my GP100 for $340 20 years ago still like new condition.Best gun I have.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger GP100 possible great steal on gunbroker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!