Glock 26 and 2 mags dunked in swimming pool AAR

PDA

30 cal slob
July 11, 2008, 09:35 PM
Okay -

I had to jump into the pool on 7/4 with my Glock 26 to keep the kid out of trouble.

Just air dried the thing out of laziness. Left the 10 rounds in each of two mags similarly. They were loaded with Federal (or is it Winchester) "Green Box" LE +p rounds.

Today out of curiosity I wanted to see if the 26 would still make a loud noise when I pulled the trigger.

Report:

Without any maintenance after the dunking, or even removing the rounds from the magazine, all 20 rounds went boom.

HOWEVER-

The first round in the first mag wouldn't cycle. Racking slide again helped.

The last 3 rounds in the last mag (i.e., rounds 18, 19, and 20) went boom but didn't eject.

To be honest I was fairly impressed the ammo was still good. I can't say if factory velocities were preserved (the last few rounds sounded a little weird) but all bullets exited the barrel.

Anyways, it's not like dunking a glock in draino and the microwave ... but it's nice to know these things.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 26 and 2 mags dunked in swimming pool AAR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mtngunr
July 12, 2008, 01:05 AM
Glock, Colt, whatever, after a dunking in salt water or heavily chlorinated water, a fresh-water flush would be a good idea to keep the rust monster at bay....

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 26 and 2 mags dunked in swimming pool AAR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!