Where not to hide a pistol

PDA

Bill2e
July 12, 2008, 08:05 AM
So I stopped in a local gun shop yesterday, just looking:D

What do I see over the counter, but a S&W Sigma and it was MELTED!:what:

It seems that mom wanted to hide it from the kids & since the oven was broken she hid it in the drawer under teh oven. Well as luck would have it the repair man came & fixed the oven and the pilet light flame MELTED the side of the polymor frame and melted the trigger down to a nub.:banghead::banghead:

Now at least thats the story she told. You should have herd the dealer trying to explain the damage to Smith.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where not to hide a pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bushwhacker
July 12, 2008, 08:06 AM
Wonder if it'll be covered by warranty?:eek::D:D:D

mr.72
July 12, 2008, 09:16 AM
sure hope it wasn't loaded. i bet smith warrantees it.

makarovnik
July 12, 2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, just tell S&W you left it in the hot sun.

armoredman
July 12, 2008, 10:01 AM
See, I told you Sigmas were half baked!

Chipperman
July 12, 2008, 12:10 PM
See, I told you Sigmas were half baked!

Booooo!

You should be char-broiled for that one. :neener:

win71
July 12, 2008, 12:14 PM
I knew all along they were nothing more than a flash in the pan.........

ColinthePilot
July 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
I want pictures.

NukemJim
July 12, 2008, 12:31 PM
In some people's opinoin that is the best thing you could do to a Sigma :neener:

I've also read of a LEO who did that to a Glock.

NukemJim

Old Grump
July 12, 2008, 09:13 PM
Posted: Saturday, 22 March 2008 11:13AM

Don't Hide Your Gun in the Oven

CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago police say two children were injured when a loaded handgun hidden inside an oven discharged when the stove was heated for cooking.
Twenty-four-year-old Anthony Smith has been charged with two counts of endangering the life of a child.
Police spokesman Marcel Bright says Smith apparently had hidden the gun in the oven.
The injured children's sister was cooking Friday afternoon when the gun went off. A 4-year-old boy is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the leg. His 12-year-old brother was struck on the forehead by a fragment from the gun. He has been treated and released.
Smith, a convicted felon on parole, also was charged with unlawful use of a weapon.
It was not immediately clear if Smith was represented by an attorney.

neviander
July 12, 2008, 10:32 PM
Chipperman, love your sig line.

Brian Dale
July 13, 2008, 04:18 AM
See? They should stick with blued steel and wood.

Yeah, I'm studying to be a curmudgeon. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Where not to hide a pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!