Stupid dumb teenagers!!!

PDA

slabuda
July 13, 2008, 12:08 AM
Just heard screaming, running up to my house and girls screaming help!!!!!

So I grab my gun put it in my pocket (luckily I had it out today and hadnt put it back in its night stand drawer) and answer the door.

Meet them on my walk and ask are you ok!?!?!?!

Oh were sorry we know him actually.

Seems one of their friends was being funny.

Stupid, stupid stupid boy!!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid dumb teenagers!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
July 13, 2008, 12:19 AM
Teenagers are nuts, but working with them is great fun. They'll try you on for 'size', but most of 'em respond well to being treated like adults. Ya gotta lead 'em though. Used to command a CF Army Cadet Corps. 13 to 18, then. Great bunch of kids for the most part.

myrockfight
July 13, 2008, 12:47 AM
Oh were sorry we know him actually.

Seems one of their friends was being funny.

Stupid, stupid stupid boy!!!!!

Am I missing something - was it not the girls crying wolf? :confused: Sounds like the girls were just overreacting in a ridiculously dramatic fashion. :rolleyes:

slabuda
July 13, 2008, 01:11 AM
No apparently he was aiming his car and swerving at them....I had a friend who drove by just behind them.

jerkface11
July 13, 2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah you should try working with them. The boys will try to push your buttons. The girls will, well they'll try other things.

CRITGIT
July 13, 2008, 01:45 AM
Generalizing that any group of us is nuts based on age is inaccurate and unfair at best.
Not unlike some of the things said about those of us who enjoy firearms.
I'll bet we all know someone who is nuts based on individual behaviors not their affiliation with a class or age group.

CRITGIT

RNB65
July 13, 2008, 01:51 AM
Having a group of teenage girls running towards my door generally occurs only in my dreams.

Just thought I'd share. :D

AR2A
July 13, 2008, 01:55 AM
True that CRITGIT,
But Insanity seems to spread quickly amongst teenagers. Attitude and situations seem to grow large with any teenager these days. I have 15 nephews/nieces and if I know them all as I think I really do, the situation is always expanded. You must always know that they "always know best" and that they can "always handle the situation". Just ask them...the world revolves around them :)

AR2A!

Nagant
July 13, 2008, 01:58 AM
This has always been a HUGE pet-peeve of mine: girls screaming bloody murder when there is nothing wrong. Girls should be taught growing up to reserve those blood-curdling screams for true emergencies... it truly is like the boy (girl) who cried wolf. Pisses me off...

esmith
July 13, 2008, 02:02 AM
Society has failed a lot of young teenagers...sadly. I weep for the future.

KiltedClaymore
July 13, 2008, 02:08 AM
as a teen, i resent the blanket statement.

esmith
July 13, 2008, 02:39 AM
Go ahead, i didn't directly mean you, notice i said "a lot" not "all". If you would like me to go into further detail, by all means, ask.

AR2A
July 13, 2008, 02:51 AM
KiltedClaymore...
I did not mean or have the intention to put you in the 'blanket statment', but having lived there, done that, (still every day), but this post was about "Stupid dumb teenagers". I dont believe teenagers are stoopid and dumb, but we all have our weaknesses. At any rate, I'm sure the mistakes that were make were not only teenager related, but argument could be made for many others as well.

The_Sheriff
July 13, 2008, 03:00 AM
Being one myself I can honestly say that people my age are knuckle heads!

buttrap
July 13, 2008, 03:15 AM
A spray can idea like hmmm deep city woods off would be a handy thing.

Nate C.
July 13, 2008, 04:20 AM
Ahhh, to be a 'stupid teenager' again...

It is truly amazing any of us survive to be an adult.

lanternlad1
July 13, 2008, 07:20 AM
I met a woman at a gun show who had third degree burns on her left hand. When I asked what had happened, she said she was at a July 4th fireworks show, and some teenagers thought it would be funny to put black powder in her ashtray. She went to put out her cigarette, and boom! Not all kids are stupid, but the ones who are seem to get worse with every passing year.

Elza
July 13, 2008, 07:55 AM
Nate C.: It is truly amazing any of us survive to be an adult.Ain't that the truth!!!

OMGWTFBBQ
July 13, 2008, 08:15 AM
How I managed not to blow myself up during my adolescent years can only be attributed to divine intervention. Thankfully one near death experience with low explosives was enough to make me rethink the wisdom of further experimentation.

ditchdigger
July 13, 2008, 08:20 AM
Its the stupid, dumb 40 year olds that worry me

Apple a Day
July 13, 2008, 08:40 AM
My great aunt always said "Youth is wasted on the young."
The older I get the more I agree with that statement.

Eric F
July 13, 2008, 08:46 AM
Youtube is full of stupid acting teens everything from guns to fights to bombs.

GhostlyKarliion
July 13, 2008, 09:05 AM
heh, I don' get it.

you hear a teen girl scream for help so you arm yourself and go outside to investigate. right, that is what any of us should have done.

turns out it was a false alarm, ok, are you wishing it really would have been a bad situation so you could have defended the teen girl? or are you somehow pissed that your condition yellow attitude kept you prepared to deal with a situation should one have come up?

Geno
July 13, 2008, 09:17 AM
Well, being a former middle school & high school principal, I can only say that I find youthful nonsense absolutely hilarious…most of the time. This is a good example of an exception.

Every time that I ever had to communicate with a parent about their child's "misdeed", I prefaced the conversation with, "Please understand that I categorize infractions in two ways: 1) mischief and 2) malice. I got myself into a good bit of mischief when I was you (son's/daughter's) age. I've already done the punishing, so all I am asking is that you speak with them about it the consequences."

If you know the parents, I'd suggest you contact them and have them explain the potential consequences of their actions. "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf" comes to mind.

DWARREN123
July 13, 2008, 09:24 AM
Teenagers are adults without experience! So are some adults.

highlander 5
July 13, 2008, 09:28 AM
Had that experience one kid in my yard let off the most blood curdling scream thought they were being disemboweled turned out she was mad cause her brothers wouldn't let her go with them some where. Parents lived next door guess she figured if they heard the scream.... After pulling my heart back into my chest stuck my head out the window told her go back home and scream like that there.

dbones
July 13, 2008, 09:38 AM
I don't think society has failed them but their parents have failed teenagers in this day an age. I have always told my children then Democracy stops at my door and Dictatorship has started.

I am always fair with them but they know that I am the last word in my home.

bumm
July 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
This all sounds pretty normal... Teenage boys doing something stupid-dumb-dangerous and teenage girls theatrically over-reacting. Nothing new.
Marty

La Pistoletta
July 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
This has always been a HUGE pet-peeve of mine: girls screaming bloody murder when there is nothing wrong. Girls should be taught growing up to reserve those blood-curdling screams for true emergencies... it truly is like the boy (girl) who cried wolf. Pisses me off...

Same here. Just because it's anatomically possible to scream doesn't mean people should go around doing it. They should, as you say, be reserved for true emergencies.

Personally I never scream, no matter how angry I get (though I try to avoid getting angry). Probably haven't done so in full force since I was under 10 years old. If I did scream today people wouldn't second guess as to why: there'd be an emergency of some sort. This should go for everyone.

Deer Hunter
July 13, 2008, 10:58 AM
I hate most people my age +/- 2 years.

Idiotic, arogant, ignorant, spoiled, unrealistic dweebs.

qwert65
July 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
Idiotic, arogant, ignorant, spoiled, unrealistic dweebs

Don't sugar coat it tell us how you really feel!

MedWheeler
July 13, 2008, 11:18 AM
>>>Having a group of teenage girls running towards my door generally occurs only in my dreams.

Just thought I'd share. <<<

I had one, really hot, actually enter my house last month. I had forgotten to lock the door, since I had just come home, and was changing to go back outside and do some lawn work. She was looking for a friend who lived two houses away and was having a party or something. Her friend, I guess, had told her to look for her car parked outside, forgetting that I have the exact same vehicle..

RoadkingLarry
July 13, 2008, 11:27 AM

If the shoe don't fit don't force it and feign offense.

yokel
July 13, 2008, 11:52 AM
40,000 daily copies of the New York Times are delivered to middle- and high-school classrooms.

The Tourist
July 13, 2008, 11:59 AM
Seems one of their friends was being funny. Stupid, stupid stupid boy!!!!!

Yes, I was. So were you.

I might not have done anything this tame, but I'm sure I did something some adult felt was dangerous and foolhardy.

Usually I always played it safe. Like taking a Honda Four at speeds over 100 MPH on I-94 to get back to Joey's Anchor Inn before the beer was all gone.

I'm sure your stories of selfless volunteer work as a youth make mine pale by comparison.

45Guy
July 13, 2008, 12:42 PM
40,000 daily copies of the New York Times are delivered to middle- and high-school classrooms Doesn't mean they read them. When I was in high school we had Newsweek magazine delivered to our history class. 3/4 of the class threw them out without reading them.

On the screaming side, why do they do it EVERY time the lights go out? I don't think they understand what hearing that type of blood-curdling scream does to people, especially those who are often in condition yellow like most of us.

CRITGIT
July 13, 2008, 03:50 PM

As you should!
The transition process from child to adult is an amazing but difficult one. Some accomplish it more gracefully than others. Making it to the other side doesn't guarantee much of anything. Just look around.
I enjoy a chance to introduce teens to a number of subjects from shooting /reloading to economics and politics.
Plant the seeds now folks or we'll surely harvest "real nuts" later.

CRITGIT

MT GUNNY
July 13, 2008, 05:08 PM
Let them have there fun we were all teens once.

Chalk it up to good training way to be on your toes

Aren't we all
July 13, 2008, 05:21 PM
I hate my age group sometimes , they are so stupid. Once i had a friend over at my house and he went into my workshop and takes My mosin nagant out (bolt is out and top handguard and he puts on the bayonet and goes outside and starts stabbing a tree, in plain view of the road.

idiot , beat the crap out of him:cuss:

Marsh

yokel
July 13, 2008, 05:28 PM
Doesn't mean they read them

Granted, but they would've been better off with a healthy selection of shooting, rifle and gun magazines.

guitarhero323
July 13, 2008, 05:33 PM
Im a teen too 14 to be exact and i realy dont fit into the catagory most adults put teens into,like stupid or drug addicted.

Cliff47
July 13, 2008, 06:36 PM
Sounds like the girls were reacting up to the limit of their collective experience. Hopefully that limit will expand with age. You wonder how some of them live to become what is considered in our current society, adults.

FLA2760
July 13, 2008, 06:44 PM
"Having a group of teenage girls running towards my door generally occurs only in my dreams.

Just thought I'd share".

LOL

chris in va
July 13, 2008, 07:42 PM
I'm forced to live with a 16yo. She's done some pretty dumb things over the years. I wouldn't say she's dumb per se, but her actions don't speak very well on her behalf. Majority of her friends aren't known for making sound decisions either. It just perpetuates itself, bad advice gets passed around and IGNORE what the truly educated/experienced people (adults) have to say.

Larry Ashcraft
July 13, 2008, 07:50 PM
This has been pretty much off-topic from the beginning.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid dumb teenagers!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!