Got mit Uns (С нами дог)

PDA

Oleg Volk
July 13, 2008, 01:39 PM
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/25090-2/smallbigdog4633.jpg

9000px wide printable (http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/25090-2/smallbigdog4633.jpg)

If you enjoyed reading about "Got mit Uns (С нами дог)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Big45
July 13, 2008, 01:41 PM
Girl is cute. Big dog is gorgeous. Small dog is ugly. Gun is ok.

Zedicus
July 13, 2008, 01:43 PM
Is That a .380 PPK?

Pigspitter
July 13, 2008, 01:49 PM
That dog is a monster. I'd ride the thing around and use it as protection.

AK103K
July 13, 2008, 01:52 PM
It the guns name "Got"? Or are you saying we should we be carrying something that requires a belt with a spiffy buckle? :)

Oleg Volk
July 13, 2008, 02:04 PM
God is with us...dog is with us...a pun.

230RN
July 13, 2008, 02:19 PM
I thought it was spelled "Gott."

El Tejon
July 13, 2008, 02:20 PM
Gott=Bok in the dumb tongue.:D (The Russian word for German is derived from the word for dumb, unable to speak).

Is the dog's name "Sharik"?:D

I like the message of the poster, but we at THR know better than to carry guns in our pockets, right?:D

Maelstrom
July 13, 2008, 02:21 PM
Girl is cute. Big dog is gorgeous.

Just don't act on those feelings. It's illegal in all fifty states.

Mark K. C.
July 13, 2008, 02:24 PM
dog gone it all

Oleg Volk
July 13, 2008, 02:28 PM
It's legal in Tennessee, but racist prejudices keep interspecies relationships covert :D

Gott mit uns = Got with us
Dog mit uns = Dog with us
S nami Bog = Got with us (Russian)
S nami Dog = Great Dane is with us ("Dog" in Russian refers to a specific breed).

armoredman
July 13, 2008, 03:21 PM
Very nice, sir. May I suggest there may be too much in the background of the two dog pictures, and may distract the eye?
Of course, I am one to talk about that! :)
Thank you another winner!

Robert Hairless
July 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
I like the message of the poster, but we at THR know better than to carry guns in our pockets, right?

Right. I carry a Chihuahua in my pocket.

I used to carry a Springer Spaniel but that was when I was much younger.

Some guys brag about their Great Dane but I don't believe everything I see on the Internet.

TexasRifleman
July 13, 2008, 05:09 PM
Is That a .380 PPK?

Looks like a Rohrbaugh to me....

dvcrsn
July 13, 2008, 05:34 PM
Herr Volk--it is Hund mit uns und nichts Dog mit uns:what::evil::D

OldCowHand
July 13, 2008, 05:43 PM
The various puns in the thread title "Got mit Uns (С нами дог)" are just a tad bit too rarefied for my taste. The old joke about the dyslexic agnostic who wonders whether there really is a Dog is English-specific. "Gott mit uns" and "Hund mit uns" don't work nearly as well in German. Only those who can read Russian, and know English, will catch the line "С нами дог" ("С нами бог" s nami bog would be "with us god," the line here is "s nami dog").

Without the thread title, the picture stands on its own just fine.

KI.W.
July 13, 2008, 06:02 PM
Warum sprechen Sie Deutsch? Jag menar, att varför ni talar... Ei kun, miksi puhutte, ei vaan miksi kirjoitatte saksaa?

OldCowHand
July 13, 2008, 07:07 PM
Warum sprechen Sie Deutsch? Jag menar, att varför ni talar... Ei kun, miksi puhutte, ei vaan miksi kirjoitatte saksaa?
I can track the German fine, the Swedish I can figure out, the Finnish I had to translate with some online help. If your question is addressed to me, it's because I lived in German-speaking countries for many years, used to teach German, and between a lot of study of the history and dialectology of the Germanic world and the time I spent in Denmark in my youth I can generally piece together the North Germanic languages, including Icelandic. My Finnish friends here in Oregon, though, still have a language to which they can retreat when they want to make sure I don't understand! :D

You didn't ask about Russian, but I also studied that for a year back in the Brezhnev era, and visited the country briefly.

All that said, I still don't know whether your question was addressed to me ...

revjen45
July 13, 2008, 09:07 PM
"I like the message of the poster, but we at THR know better than to carry guns in our pockets, right?"
Know better than to carry where I can put my hand on it without display? The front pocket of cargo pants holds my Steyr S9 quite nicely. An untucked shirt and it doesn't print. I can go about in public with my gun in my hand.
BTW- lovin' critters was legal in WA until quite recently. When this became common knowledge it was banned.

U.S.SFC_RET
July 13, 2008, 11:27 PM
Oleg you are a powerful motivator. You are doing a grand service to this country. Thank you.

Soybomb
July 13, 2008, 11:40 PM
I think your printable link is broken, it looks quite low res :D

but we at THR know better than to carry guns in our pockets, right?
I can only speak for myself but I know that there's nothing wrong with carrying a holstered gun in a pocket.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got mit Uns (С нами дог)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!