+P .45ACP, can I shoot it in my pistol?

PDA

watindes
July 13, 2008, 03:33 PM
I brought some Hornaday TAP FPD Ammo home from the gun show and it says +P and I didn't realize it, is it safe to shoot in my Tangfoglio Witness P, is htere a way I could tell?

Thanks

JEsse

If you enjoyed reading about "+P .45ACP, can I shoot it in my pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
neviander
July 13, 2008, 03:41 PM
I posed the same question about my Witness Elite Match. What does your manual say? Tanfoglio does NOT recommend it with the Elite Match...but I think it was hags that told me Match pistols have weaker springs, i.e. probably not a good idea for any extra stress on the frame and slide. I would go with what your manual says, if you want to keep it in warranty.

NG VI
July 13, 2008, 03:47 PM
It will probably be fine, almost every modern auto can safely accept +P. Besides many calibers used to be loaded hotter than they are today. Follow the manual though if you feel uncertain.

CWL
July 13, 2008, 03:54 PM
You guys really need to learn how to do a basic search.

I just googled "EAA Witness" went straight to the "manuals" link and clicked "Witness P".

The front cover of the manual says clearly:

"DO NOT USE +P Ammo or High Velocity High Pressure Ammunition (factory or hand-loaded)"
:rolleyes:

bestseller92
July 13, 2008, 05:35 PM
Get a Ruger and you can blast away with +P ad infinitum.

watindes
July 13, 2008, 08:05 PM
DAMN, well anyone want to trade me a 20box of Hydro's for a 20 of TAP in richmond?:mad:

Thanks

Jesse

makarovnik
July 13, 2008, 11:55 PM
Mine is +P+ rated and it only cost $150 brand new. I think you can guess what the make is.

Deer Hunter
July 14, 2008, 12:01 AM
It probably could take it. The "No +P!" is most likely there to cover their butts from lawsuits.

MICHAEL T
July 14, 2008, 01:54 AM
I doubt if 20 rounds would hurt it .
If you had a Colt ,Springfield ,Dan Wesson ,Rock Island ,American Classic ,Sparten ,or any of the other 100 ,1911's made wouldn't need to worry. But no you bought the only non +P pistol in the world shame on you.:D

JeepGeek
July 14, 2008, 02:15 AM
My Poly Tanfoglio in 9mm clearly mentioned in the manual "No +P".

I've fired several hundred rounds of the stuff without apparent problems.

That said, I'm just a guy on the internet. Do what makes you feel safe. IMHO, the manual is just saying this to cover their arses should something occur.

If you enjoyed reading about "+P .45ACP, can I shoot it in my pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!