Best Source For Parts

PDA

JACK STEELE
July 14, 2008, 12:05 PM
I went to a gun show over the weekend and couldnt stop myself from buying a used 1860 army from a dealer. What was I thinking? anyway it needs work due to what I Figure must have been looked at and played with like a million times.So my question is were is the best place to get parts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Source For Parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tommygunn
July 14, 2008, 12:18 PM
vtigunparts.com

JACK STEELE
July 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
Thank You Tommygunn
Looks like they will be very helpful

JACK STEELE
July 14, 2008, 01:10 PM
BTW;is there any kind of manual available for repairing bp revolvers?

sundance44s
July 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
Here lately I`ve been buying parts here (http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/products/accessories.tpl )
They ship quicker and are cheaper prices . Pietta & Uberti
VTI ..lost me due to slow shipping and high prices .

JACK STEELE
July 14, 2008, 02:36 PM
even better!

equalizer
July 14, 2008, 03:02 PM
www.dixiegunworks.com They have it all.

mykeal
July 14, 2008, 03:26 PM
BTW;is there any kind of manual available for repairing bp revolvers?
Well, yes, sort of. See the sticky at the top of the forum titled "Black Powder Essentials". It contains tutorials on disassembly of the Colt and Remington designs.

I would also suggest Percussion Pistols and Revolvers, History, Performance and Practical Use by Cumpston and Bates, available at Amazon.com (just search on cumpston).

sharps59
July 15, 2008, 12:52 PM
S & S firearms for parts and whole guns

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Source For Parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!