209 conversion kit for 1860 army colt revolver?

PDA

MB44GPW
July 14, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hello all. I am wanting to know if there is a 209 conversion kit for an 1860 colt army revolver? If so where may I find one at?

If you enjoyed reading about "209 conversion kit for 1860 army colt revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mainmech48
July 14, 2008, 12:54 PM
Gotta ask it: Why would anyone make one??

209 primers are more expensive than caps, offer no real advantages over them in this sort of application that I can envision as far as ignition goes, and would have to involve a lot more than just a change of cylinder to be usable.

IMO, such an outfit would cost much more than most of the base revolvers out there and still need a considerable amount of skilled labor for installation.

When you can buy a cartridge conversion that requires only minor fitting for an 1860 from a couple of sources, why bother?

About anything can be had if you're willing to throw enough cash into the project. IIWY, I'd be sitting down when you get a quote for the job.

MB44GPW
July 14, 2008, 01:02 PM
ok thanks. I was just wondering if they did or not. Your right tho they are more expensive and probably cost quite a dime to transition.

If you enjoyed reading about "209 conversion kit for 1860 army colt revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!