FIE

PDA

Snaggletooth
July 15, 2008, 06:33 PM
I know that they were not makers but who made the guns. Does anyone have a clue. I know that there was something illegal apparently in their operation and they were closed. I have a BP revolver that just shows the importer but not who made it. I figure some of you old timers can give me a starting place.

If you enjoyed reading about "FIE" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smokin_Gun
July 15, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hey Snaggletooth...Lee may know I remember tryin to find out about it, and Florida-Import-Export dealt with several differant manufacturers. So it may be up it the air or lee has the info.
Hope someone here knows.

SG:neener:

scrat
July 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
FIE wasnt that pietta

Snaggletooth
July 15, 2008, 08:51 PM
Smokin' Gun, I ask lee and he never could find out. I thought maybe someone on this forum might know.

scrat
July 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
Here is another guy that can help.

Oh his name is Bill

publisher@blackpowderrevolver.net

Put in the topic bp revolver id help. this guy is excellent for helping find out history on revolvers. May take a couple of days.

here is the link to his site. http://www.blackpowderrevolver.net/

arcticap
July 15, 2008, 09:27 PM
The 1980 Gun Digest lists FIE as having imported an engraved 1848 .31 Baby Dragoon in both kit and finished form.
That's an Uberti model as far as I know, so maybe FIE imported revolvers from different manufacturers (Pietta makes the Remington Pocket .31).

Uberti 1848 Baby Dragoon

https://www.vtigunparts.com/ab2240000Equick/images/uberti/blackpowder/1848BabyDragoonpic.jpg

https://www.vtigunparts.com/ab2240000Equick/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=72&cat=Uberti+1848+Baby+Dragoon++%2E31cal

Snaggletooth
July 15, 2008, 10:44 PM
I just bought 3 baby Dragoons to give to my grandsons. Their father can keep them till they are old enough or mature enough to own a firearm. Something to remember the ol man by. I wanted to be able to leave some history for them.

PeashooterJoe
July 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
FIE used small shops in Italy to make their revolvers. PR is one that comes to mind, seems he was some relation to the Beratta family. ...PeashooterJoe.

Snaggletooth
July 15, 2008, 10:53 PM
Scrat, thank you I wrote a note to the publisher. Ill let everyone know the reply.

Snaggletooth
July 15, 2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks Peashooter Joe. Thats another place to look.

Shotgun Willy
July 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
PR is one that comes to mind, seems he was some relation to the Beratta family. ...PeashooterJoe

Hey, Joe!
I've been searching high and low for information on who made the guns with the PR (overlapped) on them. Do you happen to know any more about it?
Thanks
Bill

Snaggletooth
July 17, 2008, 10:07 PM
I got my revolvers today, or maybe it was yesterday and looked them over carefully. They are FIE and all have PR stamped on the butt. I guess they were all made by PR. The date codes shoe 72, 75 and 76 as year of manufacture.

Snaggletooth
July 17, 2008, 10:14 PM
Scrat. Ive tried to link to those sited and they are apparently gone.

scrat
July 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
hmm i just tried worked ok.

www.blackpowderrevolver.net

If you enjoyed reading about "FIE" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!