Animated smileys

PDA

jasonguerard
July 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry, net noob here.
A search came up empty.
How do yall type the smileys? sorry dumb question but thanks if you reply.

If you enjoyed reading about "Animated smileys" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
.38 Special
July 15, 2008, 09:14 PM
Under the box in which you type your post there is a green button marked "Go Advanced". Click it, and the world of animated smileys becomes yours.

Mal H
July 15, 2008, 11:23 PM
The advanced page comes up automatically if you press the "Post Reply" button.

When on that page, simply place the text entry cursor where you want it and then click on the smiley you want in the right box.

jasonguerard
July 16, 2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the replies, but as my first post shows, I got that far. I'm still trying to get the ones in the text area figured out. <banginghead> <thumbs> <beer> <rolleyes> don't seem to work.

Derek Zeanah
July 16, 2008, 07:15 AM
Use colons instead of brackets

Mal H
July 16, 2008, 09:05 AM
Right. If you click on the smilies and have the codes appear in the text box as suggested above, you will see how they have to be typed out.

bowl443
July 16, 2008, 10:57 AM
You'll need a digital camera, a usb cable or a card reader, a photo sharing site, adobe photoshop and some imagination....:)

JohnBT
July 16, 2008, 12:09 PM
A green button? I must be colorblind. I just insert them as an image using their address from another site.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/bounce016.gif

jasonguerard
July 16, 2008, 10:13 PM
Did this work?
:banghead:
:puking:
:rolleyes:
:evil:
:what:

Thanks guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "Animated smileys" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!