bought my first gun need help

PDA

Dr.Mall Ninja
July 15, 2008, 09:45 PM
a couple weeks back i bought my first gun and it was a rock island armory 1911 gi style.the gun shoots fine my friend was shooting pretty tights groups, but i had a hard time making it on the paper, any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "bought my first gun need help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
robmkivseries70
July 15, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Luke,
Practice dry firing with snap caps. Learn to really watch the sights. Gun handle just to be come familiar with the piece. Be safe and keep the ammo in another room. Don't try to do, to much, to fast, to soon. Have fun! :cool:
Best,
Rob :)

AZ_Rebel
July 15, 2008, 10:02 PM
Shooting a handgun (accurately) is a lot more complicated than it seems.

Save yourself a lot of time and aggravation (and Money) and get some training. Such things as sight picture, grip, stance, trigger control and recoil control are difficult to learn without proper instruction.

GigaBuist
July 15, 2008, 10:39 PM
It took me a good 10 minutes to remember why this story sounded familiar.

The buddy that shot the better groups goes by 'fistful' over at ArmedPoliteSociety.com. Heh.

Anyway, it takes practice. Try dry-firing whenever you think you might have a flinch. It can help a lot.

Exmasonite
July 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
What is the target distance? start small and build up... try at 7 yards. if that's a problem, bring it in to 5 yds. when you're comfortable, go back out to 7... then 10... then 12/15 and beyond.

just imagine learning to hit a baseball... you start with a slow pitch/tee ball and work your way up to the fast ball.

Dr.Mall Ninja
July 15, 2008, 11:40 PM
thanks for the help.giga i talked to my friend and it was him thats really funny

QwikKotaTx
July 15, 2008, 11:55 PM
Buy a .22 and practice with it until you are ol deadeye. Seriously.

Dr.Mall Ninja
July 27, 2008, 02:37 PM
thanks everybody im shooting much better now

If you enjoyed reading about "bought my first gun need help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!