PRECISION LOADING for High Power Rifle Competition.

PDA

Johnny Guest
August 28, 2003, 11:13 AM
This post is to pay homage to the members of this board who display an exemplary level of expertise in the field.

I have commented in the past that I am very impressed with the fund of knowledge possessed by the membership. I just read the thread entitled cool article: RELOADING for the MATCH M14 at http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23315&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 It began as a reference to a work published elsewhere, and developed into a treatise on precision loading which I can only begin to fathom.

I was nominated as Moderator for Handloading & Reloading forum at The Firing Line because of years of basic experience in H&R, coupled with a historical perspective and a wry sense of humor. When Oleg Volk started The High Road, I was honored that he kept me around in the same capacity. As I have in the past, I again here confess: The above are my ONLY qualifications as moderator. Compared to the participants in the referenced thread, I am NOT an advanced loader. I am not qualified to even fetch wood and draw water in their loading rooms.

This meticulous approach would be overkill for the plinker who wants a few boxes of economical loads for a Saturday at the range. The game hunter, big or small, will be well served with loads one-quarter as accurate as these HP and Bench Rest competitors. These folk undertake a very demanding corner of the shooting sports, and glory in it. Anyone who disdains such rabid attention to detail should reflect: It is the competitors, exhibiting their competence in public, who have blazed the trail to the real precision firearms and ammunition available off-the-shelf. They have raised the bar, and we all owe them our recognition and thanks.

Sincerely,
Johnny Guest

If you enjoyed reading about "PRECISION LOADING for High Power Rifle Competition." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Johnny Guest
September 4, 2003, 03:05 PM
I kept this one "on float" for a week or so and am now letting it drop off, just so it won't get old.

Johnny

If you enjoyed reading about "PRECISION LOADING for High Power Rifle Competition." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!