I got a question

PDA

H088
July 16, 2008, 07:34 PM
This is really stupid but I was wondering.............

Is their any double action revolver with full underlug that opens from the top? I see allot revolvers where the revolver is opened from the side but never the top.

Does one exist?

If you enjoyed reading about "I got a question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KiltedClaymore
July 16, 2008, 07:53 PM
what? i cant picture what you want. do you mean something like a double action schofield?

H088
July 16, 2008, 07:57 PM
Well take a GP100

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/388515190_9f3bc71ce9.jpg?v=0

And imagine instead of the cylinder sliding out from the side, it used a Top Break setup to load,

the foot
July 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
You mean, a top break revolver similar to the Webley revolvers?

KiltedClaymore
July 16, 2008, 08:09 PM
im not sure, maybe some older h&r revolvers. but my question is, how would you access the fully shrouded ejector rod when it breaks from the top?

H088
July 16, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yes like the Webley revolvers, except I am looking for a full underlug and a more modern - stainless steel finish/grip

the foot
July 16, 2008, 08:38 PM
H088-

Uberti makes a top-break revolver, but it is not modern at all. Somebody would have to convince me that a revolver of that style would be an improvement over a side-loading wheelgun. If you want one for collecting, Webley is the antique of choice, I would say.

owlhoot
July 16, 2008, 09:16 PM
Top break revolvers eject all six cases when you open the revolver. The "rod" is cammed and operates automatically and is internal to the gun. Consequently there is no ejector rod in the usual sense, and there is no need for a lug or housing.

Nobody makes a modern top break revolver. The H&R .22 is an old design made with modern steel and it is double action, but it is made in .22 only. The Webley is the only DA that takes a serious round. But what you are looking for does not and has never existed.

FLoppyTOE
July 16, 2008, 10:52 PM
You know my dad always wanted one of those H&R .22 top breaks. How much do they generally go for?

KiltedClaymore
July 16, 2008, 11:08 PM
i saw one in .32 smith&wesson once fo $70-100

If you enjoyed reading about "I got a question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!