Taurus and LEA

PDA

JaxNovice
July 16, 2008, 08:11 PM
I just read on wikipedia that Taurus has some law enforcement agencies using their pistols. Does anyone know of any LEA that uses Taurus?

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus and LEA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XDKingslayer
July 17, 2008, 10:33 AM
Brazillian Highway Patrol?

I'd honestly crap if any LEA in this country uses them.

burningsquirrels
July 17, 2008, 10:58 AM
maybe their revolvers... their wheel guns aren't bad. i just don't really trust their autoloaders yet.

maybe by some they mean a number counted on one hand. and maybe in the capacity for blank-firing training use. :p

XDKingslayer
July 17, 2008, 01:02 PM
I think they're talking about those blue practice pistols. I've seen them modeled after the 24/7s and PT92s.

Boarhunter
July 17, 2008, 02:20 PM
I know that a preproduction .40 cal Taurus OSS was being circulated among some law enforcement agencies some time back.

I recently bought one in 9mm. Although I have yet to put enough rounds downrange to personally vouch for its endurance (I suspect no problems in that regard), my preliminary assessment is that it would make a fine service weapon for law enforcement purposes. Whether it ever assumes that role obviously remains to be seen.

Boarhunter

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus and LEA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!