Just a suggestion here...

PDA

bogie
July 16, 2008, 10:59 PM
Would you guys PLEASE lay off the "bad news" stories?

The gun control people don't even need to look at the news feeds. You guys gleefully post 'em all right here.

Sometimes several times.

If you mulletted cousin manages to shoot your other mulletted cousin in the foot with an unloaded gun, PLEASE do not brag about it here.

Why make it easier for them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Just a suggestion here..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thernlund
July 16, 2008, 11:01 PM
The gun control people don't even need to look at the news feeds. You guys gleefully post 'em all right here.
Believe me, they don't need our help.

-T.

Larry Ashcraft
July 16, 2008, 11:04 PM
Totally concur, Bogie. Just because a gun is involved, doesn't make it gun-related.

Let's focus on the positive, folks.

Moving this to Tech Support.

bogie
July 18, 2008, 04:37 PM
Oh, screw it. I'm going to liquidate all investments, and just buy stock in Reynolds Aluminum... Where have we been finding a few of the posters lately?

jasonguerard
July 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
Well said. The liberal media on TV doesn't need any more help ethier.

Robert Hairless
July 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
Where have we been finding a few of the posters lately?

It's getting to you, huh? :)

bogie
July 19, 2008, 06:17 PM
We need to quiz 'em on entry... If it looks like they got everything they know about guns from Grand Theft Auto and Halo, then we can direct them to a different forum until they grow up.

308sc
July 19, 2008, 06:22 PM
are you talking about me?

sm
July 19, 2008, 06:38 PM
If it looks like they got everything they know about guns from Grand Theft Auto and Halo

<raises old hand>

What the hell is Grand Theft Auto and Halo?

To me:
Grand Theft Auto is a criminal offense
Halo is a medical device for patients with head/brain injuries, and what Angels are supposed to have.
I would not know about angels...

Then again I am the old fart that likes to start a kid out with a .22 single shot rifle and hit tin cans, burst balloons and learn about guns from safety to fun to RKBA.

I see nothing wrong with a kid pissing off an anti at the grocery store by them sharing they are getting bottled water to go to a private range and shoot guns either.

</old>

Robert Hairless
July 19, 2008, 07:26 PM
Steve, you sound like an old guy who is over the hill. What are you, like 26 or something? Man, at least tell your dad to give you some money to buy the right games so you can learn about tactics and get with it.

sm
July 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
I am 53.
The fella that sired me, that was about all he did.
I was the eldest male of the household, not him. I was the one that assisted with mom and raising 3 younger sibs not him.

He might have good enough to shoot expert with a Carbine, but he did not teach me to shoot or anything else.

I fired him early on in life.
He got wind of where I was one time and Mentors would not let him close.
He had "heard" of what I did with folks in regard to guns.
Assisting folks, like kids abused, battered gals and the physically limited , elderly and Vets from conflicts.
Letter writing campaigns and other RKBA.

"Where in the hell did he learn to shoot like that!"
"Damn sure was not from you!" Mentors replied.

I turned in coke bottles for 2 cents each to get money for .22 ctgs as kid.
I worked my tail off doing chores for money to send in to help RKBA.
Get bigger and I get paid for every target I felled , with the money going for abused and battered kids, ladies, elderly , Vets, and physically limited.
Money for a little private ranges so folks could shoot. Money for BBguns, .22 rifles, eyes, ears, ammo...and corn dogs and other eats.

Video games?
No thanks.

In the real world a lady beaten and sexually assaulted, and the kid kicked down a flight of stairs, does not become un-sexually assaulted or un-kicked down a flight of stairs as there is not "Replay" button.

bogie - there ya go!

Come up with a Video Game that folks cannot get "Armed" until they write so many letters, or introduce so many folks to shooting or RKBA.

Then they cannot "re-arm" unless they continue to do so many more letters, and introductions.

<slaps head>
Whey didn't we think of a Video Game in the first darn place?

"Sorry, you cannot get more Ultimate Extreme Guns and Exotic Ammo until you write a letter, take a kid shooting or attend a local CCW meeting".

Bogie's Night of the Brain Eaters

Gosh I hope some of Brady's Bunch buy that video and get totally pissed when they find where the profits go.

TimboKhan
July 19, 2008, 10:26 PM
Video games do not a mall ninja make, though most mall ninjas play them.

I know this because I play video games, and have yet to ever base a decision on the purchase of a sword, battleaxe, lasercannon, chainsaw, or Hammer of Thor off what a video game tells me. I am able to look at the weapon and see it's real world possibilities, not stupid "fantasy" uses.

Game on.

Robert Hairless
July 20, 2008, 01:00 AM
I know this because I play video games, and have yet to ever base a decision on the purchase of a sword, battleaxe, lasercannon, chainsaw, or Hammer of Thor off what a video game tells me. I am able to look at the weapon and see it's real world possibilities, not stupid "fantasy" uses.

You bet. Anyone who uses video games as the basis for purchasing decisions about which a sword, battleaxe, lasercannon, chainsaw, or Hammer of Thor is most definitely living in fantasy.

I wait for Consumer Reports to rate them and then do a lot of comparison shopping before spending a penny of my allowance on such things. You have to be especially careful nowadays about the cheap knockoffs of Hammer of Thors flooding the market. There's almost no lightning or thunder when you filing one of them.

The cheap battleaxes are pretty good if you're careful to wrap the head to the shaft with duct tape. Otherwise the axe's head pops off the first time your opponent's head does the same, which might annoy your mom and she might tell you to clean up your room or something.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just a suggestion here..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!