Guys youtubing their girlfriends shooting their Desert Eagle .50ae's......

PDA

online poker player
July 17, 2008, 12:10 AM
Not sure what to make of this, but I found a bunch of vids on youtube of guys filimg their girlfriends shooting Desert Eagle .50ae's for the first time (to get the reaction on camera I guess). It doesn't seem like these guys really fully prepared them in advance for what they were getting them into, which is kinda lame in my opinion, since you could get someone seriously hurt this way (one of the girls had such violent recoil shooting her D.E. in one of the vids that the gun smacked her right on the nose). The others just looked a little freaked out.

I don't even want to try to IMAGINE the kind of flinch these guys are making their girlfriend's develop. Way to ruin their pistol shooting careers possibly. Anyways, here are the types of videos I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnyUmafehcg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnmdMp4lhTA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUbCAzBygAE

If you enjoyed reading about "Guys youtubing their girlfriends shooting their Desert Eagle .50ae's......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nagant
July 17, 2008, 12:12 AM
I agree. They're setting their women up to hate shooting. These guys are jerks, IMO...

MaterDei
July 17, 2008, 12:16 AM
Losers.

Jason_G
July 17, 2008, 12:22 AM
I've seen those. Idiots. There's all sorts of youtube videos of these morons with guns. I saw one where a bunch of drunks were sloshing down vodka and shooting a S&W revolver. I don't remember what caliber, but it was one of the big 'uns. Stupid stupid stupid.

Jason

online poker player
July 17, 2008, 12:28 AM
I saw an even worse one where two fat old guys were sitting on the beds of their trucks, and a couple of teenage girls were standing between the trucks, and the guys apparently had given one of the girls a shotgun shooting, I'm guessing a 10 gauge, or some super high power round. The girl looked like she weighed maybe 100 lbs or something. The gun looked like it kicked her so hard it might have dislocated her shoulder, and it flew out of her arms onto the ground, and then she walked away and started crying wile the other teenage girl comforted her and the two older guys whined about how she dropped their gun in the dirt.

Wth?????

wyocarp
July 17, 2008, 12:59 AM
My wife doesn't mind shooting my desert eagle in .44. If she ever wants to try a .50, I'd let her. Most of the women in the videos don't seem to be shooters at all and I've seen guys have the same reaction which is more of a lack of understanding for the type of gun and the recoil it will have. My wife's favorite guns are the baby eagles.

Skofnung
July 17, 2008, 01:39 AM
It makes me very angry to see young women subjected to too much gun their first time out by small men with something to prove.

Sure, a 100 lb girl can handle a .50 caliber handgun... after she has been accustomed to the recoil of smaller calibers.

The curs and poltroons that put heavy guns in the hands of inexperienced shooters for a good guffaw do as much to harm the Second Amendment as the Brady bunch.

They make Antis. One shooter at a time.

North of 49th
July 17, 2008, 01:39 AM
Those are the kind of people who give gun owners a bad name. :mad:
To let a unprepared person shoot a caliber like that is stupid on a whole new level. "oh what you've never shot before, I've got the perfect startout caliber - .50" Yeah right. these kind of people get me very worked up...plain stupid

poet
July 17, 2008, 01:58 AM
I guess that they feel more manly when their girlfriends are startled by the recoil.:(

hags
July 17, 2008, 02:11 AM
With those types of "males" it's, I can't wow you with what's in my pants so here, what do you think of my big gun.

Unfortunately, I see it all too often.

Wolfman_556
July 17, 2008, 03:37 AM
My 5'4" 115 lb wife had never fired a firearm of any kind until she met me.

One afternoon (back when we were still dating) she stopped by and me and my brother were shooting various pistols in the field behind our folks' barn.

I let her pick what she wanted to start with and suggested one of my Hi-Powers or a .38special revolver.

She chose my .44magnum Ruger Bisley-Vaquero SA revolver.

I tried to talk her out of it but she insisted.

So...ok.

I told her it was a big bad round, and it would be very loud and it would definitely kick.

But she wanted to shoot it anyway.

So I showed her how to hold it and how it worked, and what to expect from it when she pulled the trigger.

She did just fine handling it but couldn't hit anything for her first dozen rounds.

To this day it's her favorite pistol of mine to shoot.

This time of year we often use watermelons or cantaloupes for targets. I'll be popping them with a 9mm or .45 while she blows them to smithereens with that single action hand cannon.

dmazur
July 17, 2008, 06:09 AM
I just got a SA (Super Blackhawk) .44Mag -- I don't think I'm going to introduce it to my wife.

She handles a .45 1911 well enough, but the SA is designed to "roll" in your hand on recoil and I think that is just not going to be acceptable.

If she wants to try it, I won't say no.

I predict she'll observe me shooting it and say, "Not interested. That one's yours."

Same reaction after watching .30-06 recoil, compared to her .243.

So, I'll take what I've got. She's an enthusiastic shooter, but not a fan of recoil.

Why would anyone enjoy subjecting someone to unexpected heavy recoil? I mean, it's bad enough if you watch someone else shoot, listen to suggestions and then volunteer. :)

Double Naught Spy
July 17, 2008, 08:24 AM
I don't even want to try to IMAGINE the kind of flinch these guys are making their girlfriend's develop. Way to ruin their pistol shooting careers possibly.

They are shooting the DE for the first time, but it doesn't appear that it is the first time shooting for any of them. As for developing flinch and ruining careers, what????????

Since the videos are short, you have no idea who much preparation occurred before the videos. I have seen new shooters hit in the head with 9mm and .45 acp even though they were given a good bit of instruction.

I don't see this as being any different for females as males.

You don't see too worried about similar things happening to guys. Why the sexist perspective?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6BBAe9W3WY (language warning)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSrgennaYNU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS-_kSuD8S0

moxie
July 17, 2008, 09:31 AM
The guy's T-shirt in the third video, "my wife vs. the Desert Eagle .50" sort of sets the stage for what is to follow. Real class is always very subtle.

Disaster
July 17, 2008, 10:01 AM
I was at the range a month ago and some guy brought his girlfriend and let her shoot his .40. They were at the table next to us so I could overhear him giving her instructions. The instructions were pretty sparse on the side of safety and she was obviously very nervous. She backed out of shooting it several times before getting up the bravery. On her first shot the gun flew backwards and she swung it wildly...sweeping us and the entire rest of the range. I was just about to intervene when the range officer came over. Scary for her, but even scarier for all of us at the range that day.

The funny part is the guy was acting really tough, like shooting that gun was no big thing. He blasted away with aplomb...at one point wood shavings came flying back at me when he hit the bench overhang in front of him. I decided to leave and sent my boys to retrieve our targets at the next break. My son was chuckling when he got back. He said the guys target didn't even have one hole in it.

W.E.G.
July 17, 2008, 10:11 AM
Can somebody call me and let me know when this is on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4RHPAvM6_U&feature=related

W.E.G.
July 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
Note the left-hand thumb wrap.

I'm surprised she didn't slice her thumb on this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUbCAzBygAE

thegoodfight
July 17, 2008, 10:32 AM
Can somebody call me and let me know when this is on?

I see you bought the hype.

Mp7
July 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
lucky that one girl didnīt get her face knocked in......

Those ++++heads belong into a ToysRus... not a gun shop.

spiroxlii
July 17, 2008, 10:47 AM
I let all new shooters, my girlfriend included, watch somebody else shoot a gun before they try it. Then I tell them all about the important safety rules, stance, hand placement (where applicable), and breathing. Sometimes just maintaining a soothing tone and reminding the shooter to breathe and squeeze instead of hyperventilating and jerking is enough to improve his or her initial accuracy, thus inspiring confidence.

With my rifles, I even had my girlfriend come over and stand right behind me with her hand against the back of my shoulder so she could feel (through me) what the rifle was doing.

Ragnar Danneskjold
July 17, 2008, 10:51 AM
I wish the DE had never been invented. It's only use is making ignorant buffoons whether in Hollywood or on Youtube feel more manly than they really are.

spiroxlii
July 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
You mean you don't tuck yours into an IWB holster for trips to Walmart?

La Pistoletta
July 17, 2008, 11:28 AM
Blame Counter Strike.

CountGlockula
July 17, 2008, 12:50 PM
That's a great way to turn off the female race towards guns.

steelyblue
July 17, 2008, 01:01 PM
That one girl, that had the gun fly back in her face, had the muzzle pointed at her head and the slide did not lock back. She's lucky she didn't accidently press the trigger again. These are vids that the left will probably use to try to get our rights taken away, along with help from Obama appointments to the supreme court. Gun pranks are stuuuuuupid!!!

Cosmoline
July 17, 2008, 01:28 PM
It's a dirty trick to play on a new shooter, but I suspect it's indicative of other "issues" these boys have with women.

Nothing against the legitimate Desert Eagle fans out there. It's an interesting handgun. But thanks to Sillywood they do seem to attract a certain substrata of knuckle-draggers. I always keep an eye on people with them at the range. Deagles are the gun equivalent of pitbulls.

Jason_G
July 17, 2008, 01:28 PM
I don't see this as being any different for females as males.

You don't see too worried about similar things happening to guys. Why the sexist perspective?

I can only speak for myself, but for me, it's not sexist, and it's not any different for males or females. I wouldn't start any shooter who was new to centerfires out on a .50 AE or a magnum.

Jason

LeonCarr
July 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
I have a buddy with a .50AE Desert Eagle, and he bought it specifically to dispell all of the rumors and BS about it. His wife (5'5", about 130) shoots it very well, and after starting her off with smaller magnum revolvers (.357, .44) and then teaching her the .50AE, she has no recoil issues with it at all.

When he bought it, one of our mutual friends asked him, "Why in the h--- did you buy that thing?". My buddy then took it on a hunting trip (using what must have been the largest shoulder holster I have ever seen :)) and killed four hogs with four rounds of ammunition out to 80 yards. I believe he used 325 grain Speer HP handloads.

I have shot it. Fun :).

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Double Naught Spy
July 17, 2008, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't start any shooter who was new to centerfires out on a .50 AE or a magnum.

Right, but for at least three of those females, they don't appear to be new shooters, hence why I don't see the stink about the sex issue.

From the 3rd video...Too funny. This is why you should always hold a hand gun in the proper manner...This was shot at a ranch. My wife is a dead shot with a wide variety of guns, including her .308 sniper rifle at 600 yards, so draw your own conclusions. This one just caught her off guard, and the video just happened to be very funny. For my critics, see the shirt.

The guy is a jerk, but his wife isn't a newbie.

Jason_G
July 17, 2008, 07:49 PM
they don't appear to be new shooters
They don't look too experienced to me, but maybe you're seeing something I'm not. I understand your point though.

Jason

jaydubya
July 17, 2008, 10:11 PM
You mean you don't tuck yours into an IWB holster for trips to Walmart?

Or better, they should stuff it down the front of their pants with the safety off, and go play some catch football. Or wade through the swamp catching cottonmouths with their hands. Since we need more Darwinian selection, I thought I would add some thoughts.

Cordially, Jack

ursus americanas
July 18, 2008, 04:31 AM
My girlfriend is on the Seattle Police Dept. She is better with a glock than me. (well, she had better be right?)

She can shoot fast and hit her target with 40 cal and packs as often as I do when she is off duty.

She doesn't like my 44 mag though. It's a mass thing. I weigh 220, she weighs only 140. Don't give high powered weapons to inexperienced shooters, definitely don't give high powered weapons to light weight shooters. Skill doesn't negate physics. Inexperience only magnifies it.

Kayback
July 18, 2008, 05:05 AM
IMHO large calibers and women isn't a problem. It's all in how you set them up.

Those women probbaly got told to not wory about the recoil and then handed some serious loads.

I've taken a bunch of first time shooters to the range. Some get to play with the .22, but mostly they wanna play with the "real" guns. While I don't own a 50AE, they do get to play with some others.

A .44Magum being fired by my current GF. Yeah her stance needs a little work, but all the rounds were touching at 10m. That's better than I shoot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Kayback/IMG_0081_800x533.jpg

This is her, same day, running a 12 guage semi on some clays.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Kayback/IMG_9948_800x533.jpg

This is the reaction ou are looking for when you get someone to shoot for the first time
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Kayback/shooting164_800x533.jpg

I explained to her about the recoil, and how this gun is going to kick, but not that much. Pretty much a standard spiel.

Let them know what they are in for, make sure they know how to hold the weapon without damaging themselves and you'll be golden for years.

People who post "lookit someone get hurt" videos on Youtube...... well the less said about these people the better.

KBK

Disaster
July 18, 2008, 07:17 AM
Kayback said: Yeah her stance needs a little work

With the auto it didn't look too bad but with the SA revolver she made the classic mistake that most new handgun shooters I've seen do....lean back. I think women have more of a tendency to do this because of the weight of the gun relative to the weight of their upper bodies. This exacerbates the recoil effects and has the funny, watch them fly backwards, effect. Four things should be emphasized with new handgun shooters. 1. Safety. 2. Sight picture. 3. Trigger control. 4. Stance. The last one makes a big difference with recoil effect and recovery time. The shooter should be taught to bend their knees a little and lean their shoulders into the gun.

Matt-J2
July 18, 2008, 11:24 AM
The gal in video 2 certainly didn't look to be a new shooter, or upset for that matter. She even laughed, and instead of trying to give up the gun she removed her finger from the trigger, kept the weapon pointed downrange, and even appeared to admire it a bit before the clip ended.
So I wouldn't say all the clips were made by jackass boyfriends.

Canuc Shooter
July 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
Those clowns are idiots to put it mildly. Real Macho type guys. yeh right.

TX1911fan
July 18, 2008, 12:50 PM
The shotgun video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=glCFfhclrLI&feature=related

Jerks

NG VI
July 18, 2008, 01:07 PM
With my rifles, I even had my girlfriend come over and stand right behind me with her hand against the back of my shoulder so she could feel (through me) what the rifle was doing.

That is a superlative idea! I think in the non-pregnant future I will have my wife do this, she so far has not been willing to shoot my AR, this will probably help show her that despite the noise, louder isn't always equivalent to tougher. (in comparison to the .38s she likes to shoot from my revolvers.)

wheelgunslinger
July 18, 2008, 01:11 PM
...and that's how you turn a firearm into a compensator.

trekgod3
July 18, 2008, 02:06 PM
Sorry, I just had to post this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JJCUglNpFTU

Pretty sure it's been posted before, but it's sooo funny

Tennessee Ned
July 18, 2008, 02:16 PM
I stumble across some vids like that on Youtube a couple of days ago also.
One girl shot a 12 gauge, dropped it in the dirt, grabbed her arm and started crying while the guys just laughed at her.
They didn't force her to shoot it though but she'll probably never want to shoot it again.

wingman
July 18, 2008, 02:19 PM
I won't watch this garbage it's a sign of modern times, tv, poor schools and overall general lack of common sense somewhat like the trend of reality tv shows in trying to degrade people in order to win, speaks to lack of standards and morals.Simply no point to any of it.:mad:

huduguru
July 18, 2008, 11:05 PM
These "men" ought to have that Desert Eagle put against
their testicles and fired....

wyocarp
July 22, 2008, 01:37 AM
Guys, don't forget that these women are with these men for a reason. Just because I admonish someone to jump off a bridge doesn't remove their brains.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guys youtubing their girlfriends shooting their Desert Eagle .50ae's......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!