leather knife sheath problems

PDA

moss590
July 17, 2008, 02:55 AM
hello i have a boot knife that i have worn out over the years and the button to the sheath has ripped the leather in half. i was woundering how i should go about fixing it, would a tight stiching do the job. this knife dose mean alot to me for sentimental resons thats why i want to rapair not replace

If you enjoyed reading about "leather knife sheath problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CWL
July 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
If there is enough leather, you can try and restitch the leather. It may look good, or not.

You can also replace the leather pc. that is damaged with a new pc. of leather by removing the original stitching and putting on a new-cut pc. of leather & button snap, then restitch on using the original holes.

Lastly, you can have a new sheath made for it. I am assuming that the knife has sentimental value and not the sheath. You should be able to find several sheathmakers on www.bladeforums.com. -Or, if you have a shoe-repair guy in your town, you may try asking him if he can repair it for you.

Al Thompson
July 18, 2008, 02:54 AM
Shoemaker - one in my town is good at that sort of thing. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "leather knife sheath problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!