Strange pop-ups

PDA

fixyurgun
July 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
When I go to the thread "Stevens .410 ID help needed" in Firearms Research, I get a pop-up to sign in to msncommunities. It's only on this thread. Anybody else see this,have any idea what's causing it, or know how to stop it? Thanks, Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Strange pop-ups" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
July 17, 2008, 05:20 PM
That's probably due to the hidden photos in the first post that are on msnusers.com. You might want to check into getting a popup blocker. There are also some malware programs that cause actions such as you've seen.

fixyurgun
July 17, 2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for looking into that Mal. I've got McAfee Security and this is the first pop-up that I've seen in two years. That's what was so strange. thanks again ,Jim

Robert Hairless
July 18, 2008, 02:58 AM
Mal H.

There are also some malware programs that cause actions such as you've seen.

fixyurgun:

Thanks for looking into that Mal.

The possibilities for confusion are both endless and delightful.

Does each moderator have his own software company? I might be interested in getting some Malware, and even some Arfinware, Johnware, or Artware.:)

Mal H
July 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
Does each moderator have his own software company?As a matter of fact, yes! We do! It just seems like everything I produce goes sour soon after it's released. ;)

JShirley
July 18, 2008, 02:32 PM
Funny guy.

You wouldn't see the Johnware if it did its job. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Strange pop-ups" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!