Had a nice conversation with HSO

PDA

The Tourist
July 17, 2008, 12:04 PM
Admittedly, I've been a tad cranky lately. I will not dodge judgement of my behavior.

And to some extent I believe in the old biker adage, "Champagne to my real friends and real pain to my sham friends."

But even in the heat and passion of a discussion I still believe in being polite and expressing views in decorum. For that, I've sure pushed the line.

To resolve this, I've made my position known to the mods in PMs.

As I have done this, I have also had two telephone calls with HSO. And I don't mean chats--today I ran out of batteries on my cell phone.

He was kind of enough to guide me in my actions here at THR. I appreciate his concerns and ideas.

So, if I have offended you, and you consider me a friend and compatriot, I'm sorry if I troubled you for things that should have been simple debates.

If you are on my short list of problematic members, I apologize only for my behavior in disagreement. We will debate again, be assured.

I'm an adult, I will try to act like one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Had a nice conversation with HSO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TimboKhan
July 17, 2008, 05:12 PM
I judge thee A-OK.

jasonguerard
July 17, 2008, 06:31 PM
FWIW I've always believed that a man should never apologize for what he said, only how he said it, and "you've gotta break a few eggs to make an omlet."
Just my $0.02

The Tourist
July 17, 2008, 06:54 PM
only how he said it

You've just put your finger on 90% of the problems I've had in my entire life.

I'm the type of guy who's blood turns into a rolling boil. Ten minutes later I'm laughing and hustling your sister and/or your wife.

"Look, Harvey, I'm sorry about whacking you with the mahogany end table, but I just go ballistic when somebody says that Howdy Doody wasn't a real boy. Nah, ya' look good. You'd be amazed what surgeons can do with a wired jaw and a few remaining abutment teeth..."

JShirley
July 18, 2008, 12:40 AM
Mike's a good guy.

Most folks here are.

John

The Tourist
July 18, 2008, 12:47 AM
John, I think anyone who tries to be a continueing member of THR is a good guy. Consider some of the alternatives.

But the flaw in my character has always been "the angry young man." Of course, that young man is now in his fifties.

I worked it out, I got some advice, I endeavor to do the right thing.

JShirley
July 18, 2008, 10:13 PM
:)

Glad to have you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Had a nice conversation with HSO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!