dan wesson value?

PDA

gruesomenewsom
July 18, 2008, 09:51 PM
i have an opportunity to buy a dan wesson .44 mag stainless steel with a 10" barrel. I couldnt see a model number on it. anyone know what its worth? From the leg work ive done already it seems to be a 744 but I dont know for sure. It has the factory wood stocks and seems to be in good working order.

If you enjoyed reading about "dan wesson value?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DWFan
July 18, 2008, 09:55 PM
If it has the full under-lug barrel, it's a model M744-10VH. I've seen them go anywhere from $550 to $900.

gruesomenewsom
July 19, 2008, 02:13 AM
yes its a full underlug barrel. my question to you is what does the "vh" stand for? I looked in my gun book and there seems to be about 3 different 744's with values ranging from $300-$1200. The guy is selling this gun and a scoped super redhawk. I've already got a scoped smith though so I was looking at the dan wesson.

BillinNH
July 19, 2008, 04:00 PM
V means the barrel has a vented rib on the shroud. H means "heavy", i.e., it has a full underlug. The 7 prefix means it is stainless steel.

Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "dan wesson value?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!