S&W M&P Sights

PDA

Zhivago
July 19, 2008, 02:05 AM
Are the sights on M&Ps adjustable? Specifically the M&P9/M&P40 full size if it matters. Has anyone altered their sights or changed them out if they arent adjustable?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RON in PA
July 19, 2008, 02:55 AM
Adjustable for windage. For elevation changes either use a file or a new front sight.

The Lone Haranguer
July 19, 2008, 09:43 AM
On my 9C, the rear sight has a set screw and should be able to be pushed from side to side to adjust horizontal deflection (windage). It might need a little "help" from a hammer and brass punch if it still doesn't want to move, but mine did not need any adjustment, so I never tried it. :)

Disaster
July 19, 2008, 10:21 AM
Windage drift adjustment on rear sight. My 9c shoots about 1.5" high at 10 yards, slow fire. My tendency is to pull it down a little during high speed fire.

klane
July 19, 2008, 10:49 AM
Check my post out on changing my M&P sights.

kmbrman
July 19, 2008, 04:48 PM
Another place to check out is the site at www. mp-store.com They have several sight options for the M&P both front and rear. A popular combo is the Hi Viz Fiber optic front and Warren Tactical Rear. Some competitive shooters have this set up. I have the Hi Viz front [Red] with the factory rear. This hits just right with most 9mm factory loads at 50ft, shooting my 9mm fullsize.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!