Smith & Wesson 410S Info wanted

PDA

Texastbird
July 19, 2008, 08:14 PM
Ok, I slept through history class when they discussed the Smith pistols. I now have been looking at a model 410S, and I was wondering how everyone likes theirs? I know this is the "economy" model, but I don't know what this model gives up to the other pistols in the line.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 410S Info wanted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aquapong
July 20, 2008, 12:01 PM
I've got the 910S...the 9mm version. It's my first S&W. For someone who didn't like the S&W autoloaders before, this gun really turned my opinion around. I bought it after shooting a 908S and thinking I wanted something a little bigger. It's combat accurate...I don't think it's going to win any competitions, but for a home defense or range gun, you're good to go. I know a lot of people don't like the placement of the safety, but personally I do. I don't use it unless I'm decocking, so it's out of the way. Good buy for the money, but I got mine lightly used for $400ish.

Texastbird
July 20, 2008, 06:50 PM
Ha, I'm not a competition shooter, just looking for a solid no nonsense 40 cal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 410S Info wanted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!