Sig P220 FTF on last round

PDA

eric.cartman
July 21, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hi there!
I bought a used (150 rounds down the pipe, so almost new) Sig P220 Equinox in .45 ACP.
I shot it last week and noticed that it FTF on the last round in the magazine. The round was kinna half way through the chamber and then jammed.

Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P220 FTF on last round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rellascout
July 21, 2008, 01:24 PM
You have a extractor and feed ramp that is out of spec. It is a common problem with P220s that have a stainless steel slide.

Call Sig and make them fix it. Do not tell them you bought it used. They will fix it.

gtmtnbiker98
July 21, 2008, 02:22 PM
I agree with Rellascout, you are suffering from the dreaded internal extractor issue.

MadMercS55
July 21, 2008, 02:26 PM
Yup, the extractor issue. I had 2 P220 Carry models that suffered from it at different times. Sig will fix it for you, just give them a call. I think it's a shame what's become of the P220 these days.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P220 FTF on last round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!