Glock addiction

PDA

spyderdude
July 21, 2008, 04:52 PM
I think I have a Glock addiction....

I bought a G19 last year, a couple months ago I bought a G26, and last week a G17 somehow followed me home.

I refused to believe that these things could multiply, but the picture says otherwise

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/spyderdude18/IMGP0165.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock addiction" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
240SX
July 21, 2008, 05:01 PM
Get yourself a CZ and that will change your addiction...to a CZ addiction! LOL

I have 2CZ75 with Crimson Laser Grips, CZSP-01, CZ97BD and I'm getting a CZP-06 next month (with a Crimson Trace Laser Grip too).

My friend has even more CZ than that! But if it makes you feel better, I plan on getting a G23 as my next firearm (new coilovers for my car tapped me $1200 - Apexi's - atleast my car will slide sideways easier again)!

creekerdoug
July 21, 2008, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't call that an addiction. It's just a good start in my opinion.

I have seven Glocks and I know I can quit buying them any time I want. Yeah, there's no monkey on my back. Just because you have a little "need" for Glocks that doesn't make an addiction..........

Enjoy them all. You've chosen well.

10-Ring
July 21, 2008, 07:32 PM
At least you're addicted to inexpsive ones. I've got the heroin of addictions -- HKs! :eek:

240SX
July 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
WOW 7 GLOCK huh?!?! Guess how many I have??? "0"!!! I've got 5 and will have 6 CZs next month and I plan on continuing my collection. Not to mention I have other handguns than just CZs. And don't get me started on my shotguns and rifles. BTW: I do intend to purchase a G23, then you'll still be 6 up on me. Does that make ya feel better??? LOL!!!

I was joke'n with this gentleman about how to "break'n his Glock Addiction."

So don't be such a downer. We're here to help each other out and share information. Please don't be-little other members, no one likes a bully. Thanks - Cheers!

R&J
July 21, 2008, 11:27 PM
In Order of Purchase and Motive:

10/2005: G21, Because I Wanted It!

12/2005: G19, Because She Wanted One!

06/2006: G17, Because 9 mm's Cheaper to Shoot!

Next Up: G30 SF, If we Ever Get a CCW Provision in Wiskonsin!

Today, my G21's my bedside gun.

Judy's G19 is her do all gun!

My G17's my dedicated range gun, and my oldest son's favorite!

At those times when the three of us go to the range, I always shoot the .45!

--Ray

bluetopper
July 21, 2008, 11:36 PM
Don't worry, it'll pass. I outgrew the polymer/hi-cap phase in my life.

After a while I felt no "pride of ownership" in polymers.

I have since moved on and up.

Individual results may vary.

The Lone Haranguer
July 21, 2008, 11:43 PM
If you obtained one example of every caliber, frame size and generation Glock ever offered, you would have a pretty good-sized collection.

DWARREN123
July 21, 2008, 11:44 PM
I got a G23 and liked it so much that 2 months later got a G27. Both are good utility guns that work.

240SX
July 22, 2008, 04:17 PM
I reckon it's different strokes for different folks. I've got that HK fever too. It was my first .45 ACP, (USP Compact) and I carry it everywhere. Most of my other hand guns are full frame and are more difficult to conceal in hot weather.

If ya like the Glock, it suits you, fits you hand well (very important) go with it.

I'll be stick'n to my CZs, steel frame construction...not poly here (expect some in their compact models). And again, I recommend you catch the CZ fever!!! hee hee!

SureThing
July 22, 2008, 04:58 PM
Simply put, you cannot go wrong with a Glock. I have a 19 and 34. Love them both.

FLoppyTOE
July 22, 2008, 06:25 PM
Don't worry, it'll pass. I outgrew the polymer/hi-cap phase in my life.

After a while I felt no "pride of ownership" in polymers.

I have since moved on and up.

Individual results may vary.

I agree. I don't own glocks, I don't like the grip angle, but I own other hi-cap polymers and they don't give me the same satisfaction. Don't get me wrong, they are still well used and go to guns of mine, I just don't give them a second glance when I pass by one in a case. I have really wanted to obtain more revolvers.

mpmarty
July 22, 2008, 06:34 PM
Had five Glocks. Now have none. I used a twelve step program:
1. Bought a Witness 10mm full size
2. Bought a Witness Match in 40S&W
3. Bought a 10mm barrel for the match
4. Bought a used Witness compact all steel 10mm
5. Bought a SA XD45 4"
6. Bought a Taurus 1911 45acp
7. Bought a RIA 1911 Tactical 45acp
8. Sold Glock 30
9. Sold Glock 23 and Glock 22
10 Sold Glock 21
11. Sold second Glock 21
12. Bought a Taurus PT145 latest single action 45acp 11 shot compact.
:neener:

SureThing
July 22, 2008, 06:42 PM
Aren't the PT145 DAO?

240SX
July 23, 2008, 12:45 PM
Done with you Glock NUTZ. CZ ROCKS...remember that!

Shade00
July 23, 2008, 01:22 PM
A while back I had the opportunity to buy a Glock 26. Almost did it, as I would really like to have 1) a 9mm gun and 2) another gun for concealed carry. Something stopped me, though, and instead I bought a Colt Diamondback. I haven't regretted it since, but there is still something nagging in the back of mind that I should buy a Glock for cheap kicks and reliable carry. I have no doubt that sooner or little I will end up with one.... heck, I was even researching a Glock 33 with extra barrels so I could run .40 and 9mm through it. At any rate, enjoy those Glocks.

Halo
July 23, 2008, 01:37 PM
My very first handgun was a Glock 17 my dad gave me for my 21st birthday. That one will always be my favorite, and is still the one I shoot most. Later I got a Glock 26 but I sold it after a few months because I just didn't really like the grip, and found it a bit thick for CC.

Recently, I got a really good deal on a Glock 32, which is my first of the in-between size, and the Glock love affair has fired back up!

Rugged, simple, reliable. To me, function is a form unto itself, which makes the Glock truly beautiful. There aren't many neutral opinions about Glocks, it seems.

SureThing
July 23, 2008, 01:44 PM
I have read theads where one guy's CZ 75 slide stop broke, and he borrowed a guys G34 to finish the IDPA, and now is a Glockaholic.

But I have also read where a guy sold all of his Glocks to buy CZ's.

Being that said, I think I have noticed the difference. Alot of "gamers" like Glocks, and a lot of range shooters prefer CZ's.

Glocks are light, cheap, durable, easy to modify, and parts are cheap.

CZ's are very accurate, and feel great in the hand.

Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

tblt
July 23, 2008, 06:07 PM
Which one do you like the best

Thernlund
July 23, 2008, 06:11 PM
Glocks are pretty good. I have a couple. I do think they're kind of souless. But hey, they're still fun and a solid carry piece.

For the money, they're tough to beat.

-T.

SureThing
July 23, 2008, 06:19 PM
I have shot Glocks for years and that is what I'm used to. I don't have a CZ, but want one. I'm startring to get bored with the Glock Perfection.

Ruger Redhawk
July 23, 2008, 06:32 PM
I have a couple Glocks. I've had a G-27 for 12 years or so. Last Feb I got my G-30. The wife's late husband had a G-23 that's never been fired.So we have three of them here.Glocks' are nothing fancy,reasonably priced compared to allot of other guns out there.Mine are strickly carry guns and they do as designed to do.They go bang every time I squeeze the trigger.I can't ask for more then that.

Drgong
July 23, 2008, 06:37 PM
While I am not a glock fan (only time i shot a glock it missfed, but from the reputation glock has, I will assume I had one that was not cleaned and or just the 1 in 100,000 crappy one.) There is worse things to be addicted to.

I have yet to get a addiction...but I might get one one day :)

floydster
July 23, 2008, 06:38 PM
Glock no more, CZ all the way, any day.

Prepster
July 23, 2008, 06:51 PM
I'm a recovering Glockaholic. Now I've moved on to Walthers and Sigs I'm terrified of what the post-Sigther addiction will do to my bank account, as I seem to be moving up the price ladder.

NG VI
July 23, 2008, 07:10 PM
I was even researching a Glock 33 with extra barrels so I could run .40 and 9mm through it. At any rate, enjoy those Glocks.

It's a much better idea than you even know. But if you do get a subcompact Glock, be sure to shoot it till you hate it the first couple times you are out with it. The heavier calibers are great for this. Then, wait a month or so and try it all over again, and take it very slow, making sure to shoot it like you want a single hole. Then you wil start to really enjoy it and see the potential of the odd looking little Glocks.

blkbrd666
July 23, 2008, 07:48 PM
Quote: "...if you do get a subcompact Glock, be sure to shoot it till you hate it the first couple times you are out with it."

Wouldn't it be better to finish off the entire mag??? :evil:

NG VI
July 23, 2008, 07:52 PM
Brutal!

I really didn't like mine after the first two times out with it, but I have grown to love it.

W.E.G.
July 23, 2008, 08:19 PM
It would appear that you soiled the cushion of the couch while posting your Glock pron.

weisse52
July 23, 2008, 09:00 PM
SureThing:

Simply put, you cannot go wrong with a Glock. I have a 19 and 34. Love them both.

I have shot Glocks for years and that is what I'm used to. I don't have a CZ, but want one. I'm startring to get bored with the Glock Perfection.

So...which one is it? You cannot go wrong, or they are boring? :neener:

Glocks are soul-less....but they work. Had a Glock period that lasted until I came back to my senses and went back to 1911's. I still have a G17, but it's days are numbered, trade fodder for a Ruger SP101.

SureThing
July 23, 2008, 10:21 PM
Both, I'm lusting after stainless, wood grips, steel, bling bling...etc..

TNT.45
July 24, 2008, 12:55 AM
The best way to end a Glock addiction is to fire a Kimber...

240SX
July 24, 2008, 06:12 AM
Fire a Kinber Ha (1911s are so old fashioned)...shoot a CZ and you'll never look back. (or a HK if ya go the dough to float that addiciton!)

gtmtnbiker98
July 24, 2008, 09:23 AM
Glocks and Sigs, all day and every day.

stevereno1
January 29, 2009, 04:15 PM
I find cz's to be ugly pistols.

CPshooter
January 29, 2009, 04:23 PM
I love the 9mm Glocks. The only Glock I'd consider buying besides the 26/19 is the new 20SF (10mm) that was just announced for release.

Va Vince
January 29, 2009, 05:53 PM
Bought my wife a G19 while I was on the road a bit 2 years ago. Now that I am not traveling for work, it is my daily carry choice. Untill I find a .40 or .45 that I can summer carry and that will be my new year round protection. I will be buying another Glock because of the price and they are tough to beat. Happy Glock owner here!

CPshooter
January 30, 2009, 01:57 AM
At least you're addicted to inexpsive ones. I've got the heroin of addictions -- HKs!+1 (If you have the number to an HK rehab facility, pm me!:))

4Freedom
January 30, 2009, 05:27 AM
I don't like the feelings of GLocks in my hand. I find the S&W M&P, Sigs and SPringfields, FNs, HKs to be more ergonomic and even prettier to look at than the glocks. But to each their own.

Weedmonk
January 30, 2009, 09:10 AM
IMO, the 9mm Glocks are the best execution of the design. Since you have all three - maybe it is time to move on to another platform. I suggest you give consideration to 1911s.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock addiction" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!