Pics: Cz 40b

PDA

Macchina
July 21, 2008, 07:56 PM
I recieved my first pistol late last week. I ordered it from CDNN and it was $410 OTD from my FFL with an extra mag and a box of 50 rounds of .40 S&W. It comes from CDNN with a single mag, 2 dummy rounds, a loader, and a cleaning brush. I was a bit suprised at first by the size, this was going to be my sometimes carry gun (when I was outside and it was cold out etc.), but it turned out it's going to be my hiking/hunting sidearm. I am extremely pleased with the fit and finish, but I can't say anything about shooting it yet (can't shoot for another week due to a busy schedule). The sights are glow-in-the-dark type night sights, the DA trigger pull is long and has a bit of stacking, the single action is a bit heavy, but I like it. My very only gripe is I wish it had a decocker instead of a safety, but that's what you get when you get a 1911 style pistol. Here are the pics:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/michaelmcgo/DSC01970.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/michaelmcgo/DSC01971.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/michaelmcgo/DSC01973.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/michaelmcgo/DSC01977.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/michaelmcgo/DSC01979.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Pics: Cz 40b" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wolfman_556
July 21, 2008, 08:15 PM
I really like the looks of that.

Macchina
July 21, 2008, 08:32 PM
I decided to sell a few of my knives (my previous item of choice for collecting) and by my first handgun. I was going to get a pocket pistol (Ruger LCP), but couldn't pass up the 40b. Glad I went that route, a carry piece can wait...

Z-Michigan
July 21, 2008, 09:12 PM
I recently got the same thing from CDNN. Very happy with it. Quality is wonderful, trigger is good for a crunchentocker, perceived recoil is very mild, and so far reliability is 100.00%.

schmeky
July 21, 2008, 09:42 PM
I recently posted about the 40B I just bought from CDNN for $289.00 plus $19.50 to ship.

Very well made, the center fire pistol bargain of the year.

burningsquirrels
July 21, 2008, 11:01 PM
you'll love it. i know i do. :D

edit: see my sig for picture. ;)

GZOh
July 21, 2008, 11:14 PM
Well schmeky... I might as well get in here since "you made me do it!!"
Just got my 40B the other day but have NOT shot it yet either... was gonna post AFTER shooting tomorrow.
Agree with michaelmcgo on alot of his observations!... In total honesty, there's really NOTHING you can say negative about this gun! You can see the QUALITY in mmcgo's pics, it's definitely a 'big-gun' 1911 feel, the 'blocky-simplicity' of it design IS beautiful. I've got over 5 CZs and this OTB trigger is 'sweet', for me, VERY SOFT! Night-Sights are great, and like mmcgo, really miss the decocker... hate the manual safety... but!!! And for $279 what can you say!!!
Tear-down and cleanup (after removing the shipping/bear-grease) was alittle DIFFERENT! The first thing any CZer will notice is the stainless recoil-rod and the braided recoil spring (just like my SIG). Also, the line-up for slide removal was different... and for me, it took awhile to get the slide-stop pin lined up properly for re-assembly... but other that that minute-crap, there was NOTHING.
I must end on a truly honest note... the hand-feel of this 40B is just NOT the same as my P-01 and SP-01... the 'ergos' are different. My boy has asked me the 'Sophie's Choice' question: "Out of all your CZs, if you could take ONLY ONE, which would it be?" For me, an unbelievable, hard choice!! But today, it would have to be the P-01!... What did Charleton say, "Not out of my cold, dead hands..."
Let you know how it shoots tomorrow!... And again, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU SCHMEKY!

burningsquirrels
July 21, 2008, 11:29 PM
i'm still trying to figure out how to order two or three of them before they're all gone. :(

GZOh
July 21, 2008, 11:33 PM
Why, the 'American-Way' BS... CREDIT CARDS!!

BTW: In 2-3 years, when these 'babies' have all been SOLD... We'll 'toast' to schmeky on their $600 asking price!

burningsquirrels
July 21, 2008, 11:48 PM
maybe i should bump up my wedding date and put them on the registry next to the dillon 1050 and 4.56 ford 9" for the nova. :D

burningsquirrels
July 21, 2008, 11:52 PM
oh, and only problem with that 600 asking price... mine will probably be worth 200 bucks because mine get beat lol. :(

the traction tape now have blood, dead skin, and have faded from sunlight. patina money can't buy. :D

schmeky
July 21, 2008, 11:56 PM
4.56 Ford 9" for the Nova? You're talkin' my language now:D

Gene,

I knew you would like the 40B. Remember, we'll have to back each other up when a Hi-point is going for $250.00 in about 2 years from now, no kidding. Besides it wasn't me that made you buy it it was the . . . . . :evil:

burningsquirrels
July 22, 2008, 12:01 AM
great minds think alike. :)

i have a 4.56 in a chevy 8.5", was thinking of just finishing the rear with some basic axles and throwing it in there. just need drag radials and better seat belts. :D

ah, if it isn't one hobby it's the other. cars made me broke, but guns put me into debt. truth. :uhoh: :eek: :o

DZL HOG
July 22, 2008, 12:29 AM
Nice CZ. I hope to pick up a CZ75 someday.

Im with ya burningsquirrels, what money my truck(06 F250 Harley edition) doesnt get, guns and ammo take care of the rest. Not too mention the 64 Fairlane that I need to get back to work on, goin on 7 years now.

Nice rides man. Lately big clouds of black smoke and diesel turbo whistle is what turns me on, but I still have a spot in my heart for that big block rumble and the smell of high test burning.

GZOh
July 22, 2008, 06:50 AM
Simple Solution DZL... Sell the F-250, buy a COMPLETE collection of CZs (about 7-8 guns) and use the remainjng $$ to fix the Fairlane and use IT for your wheels! See, simple!... And you were gonna pay big-bucks to talk with Dr. Phil!
NEXT...?

Macchina
July 22, 2008, 07:50 AM
I don't know what I'm doing wrong (oh, just married and still in college), but I have a '93 Ford Ranger with what may be a negative lift due to spring fatigue. One door works, and the there is so much rust, I can see daylight in a few spots that aren't windows! I don't have much to spare, that is why I went for a 40b. It's the best deal I've ever seen for $400. Can't wait to shoot it, everyone has been telling me how much fun these things are.

burningsquirrels
July 22, 2008, 08:46 AM
don't worry, the 40b is a ridiculously good pistol. mine's beat to hell and still shoots 1200 rounds (and climbing!) a month. blood, skin, sweat, dirt and sand get into this thing every week and it still works fine. :)

wingman
July 22, 2008, 09:46 AM
One of the best 40 cal pistols sold, accurate, recoil is mild and no ftf's
in several hundred rounds of commercial and reloads. Only downside
is aftermarket grips are more difficult to find then normal but not a
big issue.

burningsquirrels
July 22, 2008, 10:03 AM
congrats on 1500 posts. check the grips i made here (http://www.czshooters.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4229) for less than a few bucks. mine work very well for my medium-small hands (http://www.student.gsu.edu/~ggingco1/post/21.jpg). other than that, people rave about hakan's grips.

wingman
July 22, 2008, 02:44 PM
Did not realize I had that many post I read far too much on gun boards.:D

Nice grips you made, I did find a set on the internet will post picture if I can,
I like wood for appearance but prefer plain old rubber such as Hogues if I can
get.

I find that I trust the cz40b and the Makarov more then any guns I've owned
and there have been many.

Well as you can see my picture taking skills are limited but you can get a general idea,I "think" the wood is birdseye maple.

burningsquirrels
July 22, 2008, 02:48 PM
when i get my next 40b, it will be for carry, so i will definitely need wood or rubber grips. the ones i have on there right now have made my right forearm bleed a couple times from scraping my arm at uspsa matches. but hey, they do have good traction. as a side benefit, it exfoliates and makes my hands softer. :D

nwilliams
July 22, 2008, 03:53 PM
Congrats!

I picked up my CZ-40B not too long ago and I took it out shooting this past weekend for the first time. Great gun, love the way it feels and shoots and considering I only paid $225 for mine I have to say its one of the best bangs for my buck I've every picked up.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/CZ40B-1.jpg

larry starling
July 22, 2008, 05:36 PM
Congrats looks great.....;)

Cliff47
July 22, 2008, 05:56 PM
Interesting there, MichaelMcGo, my Cz40B (not purchased from CDNN) came with two of the 10-round mags. I later purchased four of the 12-round Mec-Gar mags, and those feed so smooth it is almost criminal (kinda like 20-year old Single Malt Scotch). Sounds to me like CDNN is pinching one mag from the box, and over-pricing for an extra 10-round mag. Did you ask about the 12-round Mec-Gars that CDNN has in their catalog? Price is $19.99. I hate to see someone get short-changed, then over-priced on top of that.

burningsquirrels
July 22, 2008, 05:59 PM
it should come with two mags like all other CZs, but in their ad it's shown to only include only one magazine, two test caps, and a cleaning rod/brush.

GZOh
July 22, 2008, 06:03 PM
Took the new 40B out to the range this afternoon (with 100 WW for $28, ouch!)... along with the P-01 and SP-01 to get alittle comparison (rotated 10-rnds each)!
First, the 40B is a great, great shoot... very accurate, big-gun feel that fits perfect in my hand, sights are real good, for me, DA/SA trigger is simply AWESOME, smooth as silk OTB, very soft/managable recoil!. Only NEGATIVE... Stock magazine sucks!!... after putting 5-6 rounds in a 10-rndr, it's alittle like trying to squeeze a 300-lb chick into a size 12 pair of designer jeans... Gotta get schmeky or bsquirrels to direct me to some better mags, quick!!
Very good purchase, for $280+ a great CZ... but my P-01 is still it for ME!!!... HIGHLY RECOMMEND the 40B!!

burningsquirrels
July 22, 2008, 06:06 PM
go to cdnn and buy their 12-round mec-gar magazines for $20 each. two of them would be $50 shipped.

if you find the springs to be difficult in the magazines, leave them fully loaded for a week or so in the garage, or somewhere where it gets warm then cool. they'll soften up. but you don't want them too soft, or you'll end up nose-diving your rounds into the bottom of the feed ramp. but then again, you know the mileage i have on my original magazines and it only just happened now. replaced them with the wolff +10% springs and never looked back.

wnycollector
July 22, 2008, 06:10 PM
copes also has them.

http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?cPath=44_62&products_id=105

wnycollector
July 22, 2008, 06:25 PM
I just got back from the range as well. I took my 40B, my SIG P220 and my new toy a Polish TT33. I put 400 rounds down range (200 7.62x25, 100 .40 and 100 .45). I will say again...that CZ can shoot!!! It was the best $300 I have spent recently!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pics: Cz 40b" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!