SIG 226 DA trigger...

PDA

jcalys
July 22, 2008, 03:05 AM
Picked up my first gun last week, a new two tone P226 in .40. I put about 300 rounds through it last weekend and I love the gun. Accurate and fits like a my hand like a glove. The DA trigger pull is a little gritty (I guess thats the word for it) during the second half of the pull until the trigger breaks. Is this something that will clear up with more shooting/dry firing or would work need to be done on it. It doesn't really bother me so much to get work done on it, I'm just curious.

If you enjoyed reading about "SIG 226 DA trigger..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1BLINDREF
July 22, 2008, 11:25 AM
Yes - dry firing will help smooth out the trigger.
You can also go to a lighter hammer spring which will help make the trigger feel a bit nicer.

You could also send it to Sig or Gray Guns, but I'd wait until you have 500 or so rounds/trigger pulls to see how it feels.
Good luck with your new Sig!

jcalys
July 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks, I guess I'll just have to keep shooting it... darn. :D

Lonestar49
July 22, 2008, 05:10 PM

Yes, that and the use of *snap-caps for an additional 1000 dry trigger pulls, should bring a huge difference to the pull and what you are feeling now. May not turn out exactly what you want, but chances are good..

Ls

*better to error (on the side of) using, caution, on the firing pen and, using snap-caps for the dry firing.. IMHO

If you enjoyed reading about "SIG 226 DA trigger..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!