Any one ever switched to Glocks from CZ's or VisVersa?

PDA

SureThing
July 22, 2008, 05:27 PM
I'm curious, for the obvious reason's I have choose not to ask this on Glocktalk, but I'm curious if there was a Die Hard Glock or CZ person who sold what they had to buy the other?

Since there are so many CZ'ers and Glockers on this forum, I would be intrested to know who was converted to either side?

If you did swtich, please tell us why.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any one ever switched to Glocks from CZ's or VisVersa?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BlindJustice
July 22, 2008, 06:24 PM
I got a CZ 75B about 2 1.2 months ago. My shooting buddy Ralph has a Glock 19 - praises it a lot. I'm also a 1911 owner and he has always praised his Glock. I let him fire the 75B about 3 weeks ago, next time we went to the range, he now wants to get a CZ 75 variant of some sort. He mentioned his GLock stovepiped a case recently.

I've fired his Glock, I like the accuracy but that's about it.

R-

CZF
July 22, 2008, 10:10 PM
CZ and Glock owner for 20 years now. Shoot any CZ much better than any Glock.

I like and respect both designs and companies, but at the end of the day,,I take a CZ off my hip.

JDGray
July 22, 2008, 10:20 PM
I like both platforms, shoot both well, but the CZ is tough to out shoot.:D

Never sold one to buy the other.

PhysicsGuy
July 22, 2008, 11:17 PM
Had a G21, traded it off a while ago. Then bought a CZ-75 and absolutely loved it. Loved it so much that I went out and bought a CZ-97. Once I moved on to metal framed guns, never looked back at glocks.

DWARREN123
July 22, 2008, 11:17 PM
Had a couple of CZ's and changed to Glocks (23-27). The Glocks just carry easier for me and I am less inaccurate with the Glocks.
Just what you like.

PhillyGlocker
July 23, 2008, 12:24 AM
It's rare someone changes from Glock to something else.

thegoodfight
July 23, 2008, 12:37 AM
It's rare someone changes from Glock to something else.

VERY true. Although I do own one high end 1911.

seed
July 23, 2008, 12:53 AM
I had a Glock 19 that my brother wanted super bad for some reason. He had recently bought a CZ P-01 (on my advice) and regretted that he did not get the 19. Well after enough harassment, I finally caved and made the trade (there was more involved, but basically that's how it ended up). I do have four other Glocks (22,23,26, and 20) and even though the 19 is awesome and will be missed, I don't feel I got the bad end of the deal. That P-01 is so comfortable in my hand, even if it is on the small side and so far it has yet to fail. Bottom line: I really like my P-01 and would not trade it back for the 19.

IdahoLT1
July 23, 2008, 01:22 AM
I had a G23C and a G19 but sold both and bought my Beretta. Havent looked back since. They functioned flawlessly but i was innaccurate with them as they didnt fit my hands. My Beretta 92F has been flawless as well in ~2500 rounds but im far more accurate with it. People switch makes and models all the time. There is no perfect firearm, just some have less compromises.

phrozenlikwid
July 23, 2008, 05:51 PM
I've owned both, though I currently don't own any Glocks.

For me, the ergos of the CZ's jive muuuuch better with me than Glocks, and I tend to shoot the Czech guns faster, and more accurately (I grew up on 1911's and HP's, so that might have something to do with it).

That being said, it is near impossible to beat the logistics of the Glocks, and I've been debating picking up another to hack on the frame in an attempt to get it shaped more to my liking.

Ankeny
July 23, 2008, 10:28 PM
I shot a CZ 75B for about a year in IPSC. It's a great gun. This summer when I went back into Production division I chose a Glock 17 and it too is a great gun. Pick one and practice.

SureThing
July 23, 2008, 10:36 PM
In IPSC, what are some of the more popular 9mm's? And why?

1 old 0311
July 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
I bought a Glock 19 in the late 80's. Loved it..............Till I picked up, and shot a CZ-P01. The CZ is the same size, about the same weight, as reliable, but is WAAAAAAAAAY more accurate than the Glock, and has a much better natural feel to it. The Glock is now gone.

NG VI
July 25, 2008, 10:08 AM
I'm conflicted, I have just settled on both Glock and CZ as my go-to brands, but it's tough because I don't quite make enough to get a good lineup going quite yet. I guess I will have to buy a bunch of magazines and things for the guns I want this fall, and then get the guns when possible.

Luis Leon
July 25, 2008, 08:36 PM
I used to own a G19, then I got a CZ75 P01 and loved it, for me it just fit and was very, very accurate. Afterwards, I traded in the G19 and got a CZ75bd, CZ75b and a Kadet kit to got with the lot. They make me look a better shooter than I am. Beware of CZs.

regards,

Luis Leon

grimjaw
July 25, 2008, 09:13 PM
I had a G19, switched to CZ's P01 first and PCR later. Sometimes wish I still had the G19, but not enough to switch back.

jm

Dr_2_B
July 25, 2008, 09:16 PM
I consider myself to be a Glock guy. Have the 17, 21, 23, 27, 30 & 36. Obtained a CZ Rami in 40 cal couple years ago. Then obtained the SP 01 and the CZ 75B in the last couples weeks. Main reason was that I'd heard so many people rave (and I mean rave) about the CZ's.

I've carried the SP 01 and I certainly noticed it rubbed against my love handles more than my Glocks. So I picked up a holster that separates the slide from my side.

I realize most people shoot for accuracy and that's the reason they love CZ's. Personally, if I ever have to employ the thing, I expect it to be at a range of about 5 feet - that's what statistics and real world experience say. So I don't measure my shots in inches, but in # of hits on a target. So my big issue is reliability. I do believe the CZ's do well there too, though.

240SX
July 25, 2008, 10:55 PM
CZ all the way. I have 2 CZ75 (with Crimson Trace Laser Grips), CZSP-01, CZ97BD and I'm picking up my CZP-06. I've considered a G23, but I took the CZP-06 instead.

armoredman
July 25, 2008, 11:09 PM
My issue is a Glock 19, and I have had a Glock 22. No Glocks in the house now. CZ works much better for me - YMMV.

Juna
July 25, 2008, 11:15 PM
I greatly prefer CZs and am far more accurate with them. I've also never had any failures with my CZs, but I've personally had Glocks malfunction on me, as have my wife and some friends of ours. I know that they're generally reliable, but I just don't do well with them.

The only Glocks I would ever buy would be 10 mm (20 or 29) b/c of size & caliber combo. I can't think of another 10 mm 15+1 polymer in that kind of package. The Glock 20 fully loaded is a lot of firepower in one package. In any other caliber and/or size, there are multiple other guns I would prefer before a Glock. I hate the ergonomics of Glocks b/c of their grip angles. The sights are nice, though.

I've shot a fair number of Glocks, but I just cannot warm up to them despite my best efforts. I WANT to love them b/c they have so many size and caliber offerings that have interchangeable magazines between sizes, etc. But they're just not for me. If CZ made a 10 mm 75 variant, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

That said, my neighbor was a hard core Glock guy who was planning on buying a Glock 19. Then he fired my CZ 75, and he's a believer. He now wants a CZ. He also loves my RAMI. So I've seen converts from Glock to CZ, but not vice versa.

240SX
July 26, 2008, 03:14 AM
If someone does switch from a Glock to a CZ, its one of the best decisions they could have ever made.

loop
July 26, 2008, 04:35 AM
I've owned more than 10 Glocks (not sure how many) and don't own any anymore.

I'm not sure how many CZs I have now (would have to go count, sigh).

All my pistols are 100 percent reliable and more accurate than I am. Some took quite a bit of work to make them reliable, but I don't mind.

What I truly treasure is accuracy. A gun must be reliable or it is just a rock so pinpoint accuracy is the key to me.

Owning guns is an evolutionary experience. All my pistols except a few, maybe a dozen or so, are 1911 or CZ format.

Bottom line for me is that I never had a Glock that was a tack driver. I never had a CZ or a 1911 that wasn't (may have been after I did some, OK, a lot, of work to it).

But, I did a lot of work to several Glocks. I had one that never met the reliability standard. I won't accept that out of any gun. I can cure that in any 1911 or CZ easily.

Glocks are just nice, reliable guns that have no personality.

You can fall in love with a CZ or a 1911. My Kimber is so jealous of my custom shop Tanfoglio it is ridiculous.

I won't sell a CZ or a 1911. If I don't like it I'll fix it.

A Glock is a trader.

Sorry, Glock fans.

240SX
July 26, 2008, 06:05 AM
The only work I've had done on my CZ are trigger jobs on the CZ75s and the CZSP-01 (personal reasons & my friend's a gunsmith...so all I had to do is pay for parts). The CZ97BD is great out of the box, the trigger was a little tight, but several magazines latere - problem solved! Can't wait to see how the CZP-06 is, I've heard nothing but great reviews!!!

Chris Rhines
July 26, 2008, 08:26 AM
Went from a CZ75 to a Glock 35, then to a S&W M&P9, now building an STI 2011. They're all good guns.

- Chris

Pilot
July 26, 2008, 09:27 AM
Nothing wrong with a Glock 19. Its one of the best all around 9MM's out there. However, for me, my PCR is just better. Its my favorite all around carry gun.

BigRugerLover
July 27, 2008, 01:38 AM
Short answer--both Glock and CZ.

My G19 and CZ-97B are two (among 3) of the only guns that I will never trade or sell. The G19 has never had any problem of any kind after more than 3,000 rounds--so long as I used original Glock parts (eg., the non-glock "competition" barrel and non-glock mags were unreliable). I can shoot the CZ-97 more accurately than any of my other handguns, and I have smallish hands that hold the G19 better. No problems with the CZ after 500+ rounds.

Hope that helps.

cougar8040
July 27, 2008, 02:50 AM
I went from a CZ RAMI to a glock 19 and am happy with my decision.

Galen
July 27, 2008, 02:58 AM
I have shot a Glock 20 10mm and an EAA Witness (CZ Clone) 10mm. I prefer the Witness due to ergonomics.

When I get a chance I would like to compare the Glock 17 to the CZ 75.

skers69
July 28, 2008, 01:03 PM
I picked up the CZ PCR a little over three years ago. I love that little gun, very accurate, only a couple of ammo related failures, and not very expensive to shoot.

About a year ago I rented the Glock 26 at my local range for fun. Big mistake. I can shoot that little thing like a champ. It has become one of my favorites in my entire collection. I can tell you that I was VERY much a Glock hater. Well after 3000 rounds of ammo I am now a Glock lover. WOW I can not believe I just said that.

If you can I would suggest getting one of both. If you have to choose one I would suggest finding a range where you can rent and shoot both and make your decision from that. Good luck and good shooting.

sbowers2
August 13, 2008, 07:14 PM
I used to have a Glock 17, now I have a CZ97B. Both are more capable than I am, but I shoot better with the CZ. It feels better in the hand, and I've always preferred 45's anyway since my 1911's in the service.

DA_BULLS
August 13, 2008, 08:15 PM
I went back and forth between a G19 & a P-01. I would rather have the P-01. And the P-01 was NATO tested to the extreme...

Wolfman_556
August 13, 2008, 09:38 PM
About ten years ago, one of my friends tried zealously to convert me to Glock from my loyalty to Hi-Powers and 1911s.

He failed.

Glocks do not 'point' well at all for me. I've found them to be reasonably accurate, but to aim one gives me the unsettling feeling I am actually pointing way too low.

I also don't care for DAO or strikers. I like a hammer and prefer DA/SA or SA.

The CZ-75B gives me accuracy, reliability, AND it's DA/SA with a hammer.

SureThing
August 13, 2008, 09:45 PM
Well, I sold all my Glocks for CZ's. I shot faster with my Glocks, but that was because I was used to their grip angle. As of now, I'm having to relearn, but I knew I would.

Elvishead
August 13, 2008, 11:56 PM
After getting a CZ75, I wanted to get a sub-compact and tossed over getting a Glock 26 for quite some time, but after thinking long and hard, I ended up getting a CZ Rami (Sub), mainly because the Glock really has no type of safety to speak of.

But to be honest, I shot, or shoot the Glock 26 better than my Rami.

j1979
August 15, 2008, 06:36 PM
Im in the same boat. Currently only own one habdgun and is a G22 and love it, but want to try a CZ as soon as funds permit.

KONY
August 15, 2008, 10:26 PM
Had a G19, now have a CZ PCR. Night and day difference to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any one ever switched to Glocks from CZ's or VisVersa?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!