A couple of red knives

PDA

CZ.22
July 23, 2008, 05:56 PM
Today, I got a couple of knives with red handles, and I'm liking both of them just fine.

The first one I picked up for twenty dollars ar Dick's Sporting Goods. I needed a knife for traveling, and while I already have some SAKs, the one I wanted to take has sentimental value. I also had a Dick's gift card, so it was the logical choice to go there. I was hoping to get a Wenger SI, but the one I got suits me just fine.

http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/610/201008610.jpg

It's a Wenger Canyon, and it's going to be accompanying me to Switzerland. Fit and finish is near perfect, and the blades are very sharp. It is a very slim and light knife, like my Recruit, but it also has the added benefit of an awl you can actually use without cutting yourself, and a Phillips driver. I like this knife- it will be a good compliment to the Classic and small LED I am taking. And don't ask about the light, it's a Rayovac.

The second knife, while still red, is completely different. It is a traditional alipjoint, a Case Wharncliffe Copperhead with CV blades and red bone. It must have been one of the last ones SHC had, because I don't see them on the website anymore, and I can't find a picture. It is a very nice knife, and very sharp. The red bone, while a bit gaudy, is nice looking, and fit and finish is impeccable. I will be carrying this knife until I leave, which is in three days, so not much time to test it out. I do, however, expect it ot get a nice patina over time. I like this knife, a lot. It is my first two-blade jack, and I'm already hooked. The only thing I don't like is the half stop, it intereferes with closing.

If you enjoyed reading about "A couple of red knives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carl Levitian
July 23, 2008, 06:22 PM
It's really hard to go wrong with a sak.

Have a good trip!

TimboKhan
July 23, 2008, 06:38 PM
See if you can't bring us back a few hundred thousand rounds of GP-11. That would be nice.

Brian Williams
July 23, 2008, 11:43 PM
You bought an SAK to go to Switzerland?

EHCRain10
July 24, 2008, 12:27 AM
while you're there pick up some of the green handled ones, they dont export the green ones

If you enjoyed reading about "A couple of red knives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!