Slim grips for P229?

PDA

Floppy_D
July 23, 2008, 06:22 PM
Right now I have the Hogue panel grips for a P229, and I'm looking slimmer. Midway has their cocobolo's on sale, would that be much thinner? If not, ideas?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Slim grips for P229?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Taurus92 in KyleTX
July 23, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'll sell you my cocobolos, but I will say they aren't very thin.

The factory polymers are the thinnest.

I bought the Hogue checkered Coco bolos. Loved the look, but couldn't live with the extra width.

SimpleIsGood229
July 23, 2008, 09:12 PM
I just wish SIG would take the hump off of the top of the left grip panel. That would make it feel a lot slimmer. Heck, they've already done it for the P220, so why not the P229? :confused:

Generally speaking, any wood grips are going to be thicker than the factory polymers, which are about as slim as anything available.

Seotaji
July 24, 2008, 01:51 AM
The factory polymers are infact too thin for me, but might be right for you.

My sig came with rosewood from the factory and I swapped out for polymers, should have gone with hogues from the beginning.

Lonestar49
July 24, 2008, 12:56 PM

Check again on the Hogue site, IIRC, they offer thin "aluminium grips" for various guns. Some even have a combo wood/brushed SS look.

Factory plastic grips or the above (if they make them for the P229) are gonna be your best thin grip, as wood grips look best, but as mentioned, they are right up there in width as the rubber panels, maybe even a bit more wide.

If Hogue doesn't offer the thin aluminum grips, I'd bet some one out there makes them, just gonna have to ask around or do a Google search..

Ls

If you enjoyed reading about "Slim grips for P229?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!