What did you get for Christmas?

PDA

DeputyVaughn
December 25, 2002, 03:01 PM
Being this will be my first post on THR......Merry Christmas to all.

I didn't get anything firearms related for Chrismas (yet...got a gift card) except a new forum to post on (Thanks OLEG!!!!!). anyway, I got a new coffee cup (#1 Dad) and some new house slippers. The kids got everything on their lists of course, but I should mention that their list were quite modest. My wife and I will get ourselves something after the post-Christmas sales start.

Our first duty will be to get the Kia back on the road. It started acting stupid on the 23rd. Can't do anything for it till I can get hold of a diagnostic scanner for it. Without the Kia, all I have is my patrol car to drive so it's a priority. I refuse to let bad luck ruin my Christmas though.

Anyway the point of this post is to say Merry Chrismas and to ask the question, What-ja-get??????

Scott A. Vaughn

If you enjoyed reading about "What did you get for Christmas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
December 25, 2002, 03:27 PM
Clothes,clothes and more clothes...

I'm going to have to wait on the guns until after the New Year..:D

Sisco
December 25, 2002, 03:36 PM
I already posted this on the rifles board but since ya asked, got no guns, no shooting supplies at all. :(
Got a package of underwear & a box of condoms.
Both of 'em were too small.

TonyB
December 25, 2002, 03:49 PM
Got Bullets,a gun safe,gift cert.s to 2 of my favorite gun shops...cleaning stuff...all in all my wife took the hints!
So now it's snowing like crazy....they say up to 2 feet!!The great north east my butt!!It was a good day....Merry Christmas to all:cool:

charlie d
December 25, 2002, 04:16 PM
I bought myself two boxes of Garrett 540 grain elephant loads for my 45/70 Guide Gun.

Be prepared, I say. :D

Dan Morris
December 25, 2002, 04:21 PM
Scott, welcome home! I gave myself a Rem 1911A1....being the cheapskate you know me to be, I finaly found a kindly ole guy that parted with one that I would pay the price for.LOL
Dan

Zak Smith
December 25, 2002, 04:41 PM
Hi. I was smithz on TFL.

Although I received some precious loot this year, I was lucky enough to be able to give loved ones some nice gear: a CZ-75 Compact for my SO, and a Surefire E2E + extras for my brother.

holiday best,
Zak

Erik
December 25, 2002, 04:45 PM
Erik's family finally got it through their heads that yes, I really do want gun-stuff. So, under my tree I found:

An Alessi Ankle Rig
4 Wilson 47D magazines
A Rafters gunbelt

And a bunch of clothes. BUT... They mostly said Carhartt on their labels. One label even said Royal Robins.

Merry Christmas, indeed!

:)

Bruz
December 25, 2002, 04:55 PM
My wife got me a Walther P99. I helped a little. (Picked it, paid for it, picked it up, but I put her name on the card!). Son got me Camo hunting boots, and daughter got me a gun case! How did they know! :rolleyes:

NewShooter78
December 25, 2002, 05:16 PM
I got a new aluminum handgun case, and some Hoppes cleaning supplies. Other than that, Band of Brothers dvd set, and a few other nice gifts.

AZTOY
December 25, 2002, 05:27 PM
No guns, but i did get a nice KA-BAR.:D

Peetmoss
December 25, 2002, 05:31 PM
Well I got a gun vise, a cleaning kit witch I didnn't need but one of the things you can never have to much of. I also got some ammo for one of my rifles, a custom shooting table for benchrest shooting and what I think is going to be a nice carry belt along with cash for the gun fund :D

Stetson_CO
December 25, 2002, 06:05 PM
I got a book by one of my favorite authors(Charles D Taylor), autographed...some Kona Coffee from my relatives in Hawaii, a ticket to Hawaii for February, a Cimmarron Arms Thuderer 3.5"bbl w/birdshead grip in .45LC(from me to me :D ), reloading dies..in .45LC from my dad and an instruction video and books to learn how to reload and a $25 Gift Card to Barnes and Noble.

:D

c):{

4v50 Gary
December 25, 2002, 06:11 PM
My brother gave me four Glock 27 mags. Now I'll have to buy a gun to put them in.

762x51
December 25, 2002, 06:13 PM
Got a Bagmaster tournament model 2 range bag. Something much needed. I think I'm going to get an AR in Jan. as a late present to myself.

Marko Kloos
December 25, 2002, 06:23 PM
I got a heavy-duty field knife (TOPS "Smoke Jumper"), "Band of Brothers" on DVD, and a book called "The Marine Corps:Three Centuries of Glory". No firearms, but I already got a Benelli Nova for my birthday two months ago.

JeFF D
December 25, 2002, 06:47 PM
I got socks.

Gun related stuff I got would be case of 7.62x54r, clay target thrower and on friday im gonna go get my real gift a VEPR II!!!:D

TexasFred
December 25, 2002, 07:18 PM
Wow, I can't wait till i have family members who accept my hobby and get me gun related stuff for christmas. Nobody I know will accept my passion for self- preservation. My wife thinks I'm a nut because i read a couple of gun mags and post on a gun forum. Go figure.

DeputyVaughn
December 25, 2002, 07:21 PM
Sounds like a nice Christmas all around. If I have anything left after the car repairs I'll consider a digital camera or a DVD player.
Jeff, can you hit those clays (in air) with the 7.62X54R???????????

Scott

CAP
December 25, 2002, 07:26 PM
So, what did everyone get for Christmas, both the favorites and not so favorite?
Me?
- 10/22 stainless
- Benchmade 943S Osborne MCP pre-production 06xx/1000. One SWEET folder.
- Leather Henschel leather hat.

Snow rake from the in-laws in Chicago. :(

CAP

Ala Dan
December 25, 2002, 07:30 PM
Greeting's All,

Scott, I did not get anything firearms related either. Sock's
and a bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Blue; which was about all
I really needed!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A, Life Member

CAP
December 25, 2002, 07:50 PM
- 10/22 stainless
- Benchmade 943S Osborne MCP pre-production 06xx/1000. One SWEET folder.
- Leather Henschel leather hat.

Snow rake from the in-laws in Chicago

Oh, and Mas Ayoob's 'In the Gravest Extreme'.

gryphon
December 25, 2002, 07:51 PM
I was lucky. What I got for Christmas this year:

I got to spend another year with my family.

Powderman
December 25, 2002, 07:57 PM
Hi again, friends!

Got myself a nicely customized Colt 1917 Army, in .45 LC. Boy, it looks sweet---and a bargain at $325! :)

Now, can't wait to shoot it! One question, though, for all:

Are there any aftermarket grips that I can buy that will fit on this revolver? I'm not too sure if I could just get a pair that would fit Anacondas, or what.

Thanks for the forum, Oleg! :cool:

Lennyjoe
December 25, 2002, 08:09 PM
Welcome to all.

I recieved a pair of pajama pants with rubber ducky dudes with a santa hat on em. Pair of boxers and the best gift of all is the gift that Oleg has brought to us............The high road.

Mike Irwin
December 25, 2002, 08:16 PM
Nothing related to firearms.

Christmas with my family is low key now.

Mossy Bloke
December 25, 2002, 08:22 PM
18 1/2 ported barrel. Hoping to go deer hunting tomorrow morning with it!

Don45cal
December 25, 2002, 09:07 PM
I was a good boy. I got a Dawson Jarret, Para 14-45. Slightly modified and shoots very well. About 200 rounds down range and I like it. It is a keeper!!

www.dawsonprecision.com

MADDOG
December 25, 2002, 09:36 PM
I got a Bulgie Mak and ammo, lotsa ammo.

H&K Fan
December 25, 2002, 09:37 PM
One piece cleaning rod for rifle use, a Pachmayr gunsmithing screwdriver set, some Craftsman tools and several DVDs and the dreaded clothes. Though I do like a ball cap the in-laws got me.

On the other hand, I really made a friend's Christmas by sending him 5 high capacity magazines for his H&K 91. I did tell him that it did not cost me nearly what he may have thought it did. Also sent another friend some vintage issues of "Soldier of Fortune" from back when they still ran the mercenary classifeds.

Chugach
December 25, 2002, 09:49 PM
Band of Brothers DVD set. Early gift to myself was several holsters sold by TFL members: Flip (now Flipster here) and dubb-1.

Betty
December 25, 2002, 10:01 PM
I got a Mosin M44 from Oleg, a scoped Ruger 10/22 from my brother, and the Martini Cadet .32-20 that I've always wanted from my dad. And some clothes and luxury bath soaps/skin lotion, yadda yadda, and a nice Dillon range bag. My two year old niece insisted in opening my presents for me. :D

sm
December 25, 2002, 10:30 PM
Unwrapped nothing
gave instead
The Best: the teenager go home from the pediatric Hosp, with a new wig, and $ to take her parents out for BBQ.

PATH
December 25, 2002, 10:38 PM
Nothing even remotely gun related under the tree.:(

Maybe for Fathers Day or my Birthday.

Malone LaVeigh
December 25, 2002, 10:41 PM
My ex-wife got me a copy of Stupid White Men. Do you think she was trying to tell me something?

For the record, I'm of Caucasian descent.

Zak Smith
December 25, 2002, 10:57 PM
Gave a CZ-75 Compact to my SO; a SureFire E2E to my brother.
Received a Leica rangefinder.
Treated myself to a CZ Compact and a used BHP.
Most importantly, spent time with family and friends.

eap
December 25, 2002, 11:00 PM
curiously, i got nothing gun related.:confused: that's ok though as i didn't ask for anything gun related. i'm kinda in a funk this year and didn't really have many wants. i still got some cool stuff and cash.

45R
December 25, 2002, 11:08 PM
Treated myself to a Kimber Custom II Target and a Benchmade 310 (Benchmite)

Sister gave me money for a Kydex holster or ammo.

Chipperman
December 25, 2002, 11:19 PM
Nothing that goes Bang. :(

Idaho
December 25, 2002, 11:25 PM
Active hearing protection. Don't know kind or details, as UPS hasn't brought it yet from the giftor.

22x9
December 25, 2002, 11:26 PM
Ruger 10/22
10/22 Scope Mounts
20ga cleaning snake
Pistol Bullseye Shooting rest
Binoculars
Free Roundtrip Airfare to anywhere in lower 48 states - From Gun-Talk.com
I'm having one heckuva Christmas

Birthday is coming up and there is a Baikal 20ga O/U waiting for me at the Local gunshop.

Oh Yeh. and Long Johns

Kcustom45
December 25, 2002, 11:44 PM
I got a Dillon strong mount for my 550, a quick change kit for my 550, a kydex holster for my Kimber, some 45ACP and 44 Magnum, and a couple bulk boxes of .22s. That's about all that is gun related.

dd-b
December 25, 2002, 11:46 PM
Probably a Nikon D100 digital SLR, unless I wimp out or discover something damning in my last-minute pre-purchase research. I "shoot" a lot more film than bullets, and this will cut the film usage down a LOT. (Got a good chunk of money, that's the top item on the big toy wish-list).

I will probably use it to photograph some firearms at some point, anyway.

rugerfreak
December 25, 2002, 11:48 PM
Present to myself--a G27 purchased yesterday

From others---Spyderco Endura(all stainless)--combo edge

These are the only things I thought you guys would be interested in-----lol.

Preacherman
December 25, 2002, 11:51 PM
No presents at all, I'm afraid, as I'm many thousands of miles away from my family... :( However, I got to celebrate four Christmas services, help several dozen inmates make contact with their families to wish them "Merry Christmas", and had the VERY great joy of being part of the setup crew to get THR off the ground! This new forum is my best Christmas present for a long time! :D

Tim3gun
December 26, 2002, 12:01 AM
I got a Glock 17 and a Keltec P-32
my son got a HK P7M8
my brother a CZ 75 compact
my daughter a 1911 in 38 super
woooohooooo Santa is cool !:D

4thHorseman
December 26, 2002, 12:06 AM
We all got something that we needed. A new board that we can post our thoughts and ideas with all our old buddies!!!!:) :) :) :)
Oleg was Santa.:D

Greybeard
December 26, 2002, 12:15 AM
Yep, The High Road ranks right on up there. Again, thanks to all!

A bachelor friend came over for dinner with the family. No family left for him, so ' enjoyed sharing mine.

Best "touchable" gift was University of Texas "Dad" shirt from daughter, altho I admit being a little envious of the T-shirt she got her brother: "You mess with the bull, you get the horns!" :eek:

The only gun related item is some some special gloves that have this mitten thingy that can be flipped back and velcroed open for better use of fingers :)

Dan Shapiro
December 26, 2002, 04:04 AM
Stock for the CMP 03
Shooting jacket (right size this time)
Surefire M2

http://fototime.com/9D3666F5EF77FA2/orig.jpg

:p :p :p :p

telewinz
December 26, 2002, 06:20 AM
Two SKS'S, one Russian (1951) and a Norinco.

David Scott
December 26, 2002, 09:13 AM
Got some stuff for my motorcycle, a DVD of The 13th Warrior, and the latest Honor Harrington book by David Weber. The most firearms related item was a really nice leather vest that will cover my P95 perfectly.

Tamara
December 26, 2002, 09:25 AM
A nice leather sling from Champion's Choice for my Garand from my roommate, and a copy of the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms: The Collector's Price & Reference Guide, 1870 to the Present from lendringser.

Cool. :cool:

Thanks, guys!

Edward429451
December 26, 2002, 10:27 AM
Finally a nice brass cleaning kit, clothes and a new forum and a job, Yay!

Who starts a job on Christmas eve?

Terridarri
December 26, 2002, 10:46 AM
I got just what I asked for and that was the gift of love. I have never been one to accept gifts very good, I just like seeing everyone else open theirs, this brings lots of joy to my heart. So this year I told my loved one all I want for Christmas is free and that is lots of love and this I got in many packages in my heart. This is one gift that will keep on giving and never wear out as long as long as you keep renewing your feelings.

I'm glad everyone here had a good Christmas and hope you all have a wonderful New Year.

Line Rider
December 26, 2002, 11:20 AM
On 12/09/2002 I got the best Christmas present yet.... a 9 lb 14 oz 21.5 inch baby son.

The wife got me a Mossy 590a1 with Speedfeed stock and ghost ring too.:D

Preacherman
December 26, 2002, 11:22 AM
Congrats, Line Rider! What did you name him? Did he get a Cricket .22 under the Christmas tree? :D

Brrlgrrl
December 26, 2002, 11:33 AM
As I am temporarly staying with my Mom to regroup, Santa brought lots of kitchen stuff! Yeah! (I lost most everything in the break-free)
Daddy gave me a speed loader and a new gun bag, and the most hilarious gift of all-Trailer Trash Barbie! ( she's a collector's item!?!?!) Too much fun, that doll just cracks me up. "Conceived in a gas station bathroom....":D

2dogs
December 26, 2002, 11:42 AM
Stuff for sleeping.

Stuff for cooking.

Stuff for dogs.

A book (not the one I wanted).

No gun stuff.

But a very Merry Christmas it was, white even.

5ptdeerhunter
December 26, 2002, 11:48 AM
I got cleaning supplies, shotgun shells, choke tubes, and soon I will be getting a late gift. A knight muzzleloader.

Loach
December 26, 2002, 12:20 PM
The stock has been modified, but it should be fairly easy to replace.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/t/stuber71/mosin_nagent_1.JPG

Chaz
December 26, 2002, 12:22 PM
A Glock 21 for me :D A nice surprise from the wife.

4v50 Gary
December 26, 2002, 12:26 PM
The only gun related thing given by a relative was a tin recreation of a Winchester bullet board. But I did buy myself some guns and gun related stuff. Wanna know the best gift? This site! Thanks Oleg.

2nd Amendment
December 26, 2002, 12:57 PM
Got a $50 gift cert for the local gun store. Other than that no real goodies. Ah well, it was still an excellent Christmas.

Marshall
December 26, 2002, 01:02 PM
A Browning Hi-Power. :D :D I am grateful too!

waynzwld
December 26, 2002, 01:02 PM
I "gave" myself 1000 Sierra 55gr Blitzking's, 250 40gr Vmax's and about 8 pounds of powder! Varmints beware!:D

Okie1KnoB
December 26, 2002, 01:45 PM
Santa was kind, got a 1919 M96 Swede in Exc. condition, matching, disc 6.49 & 1, great looking stock... didn't get here for x-mas.... but I should pick it up this Friday or next Monday, I ordered a tall front sight +3.50, Muzzle cap & Micrometer rear sight from Samco... yesterday :)

agony
December 26, 2002, 01:49 PM
I got High Noon Holster's Slide Guard holster for the P220/226 pistols from my girlfriend. She also got me a caliber conversion kit for the Dillon 550.

Erich
December 26, 2002, 01:58 PM
My wife gave me a Surefire E2e HA, a new Dremel tool (to replace the one that died after 15 yrs), and bourbon whiskey!

She's all right!

Penman
December 26, 2002, 02:51 PM
A Craftsman Tool Box, for all of my "stuff".

Oleg Volk
December 26, 2002, 02:57 PM
From runt_of_the_litter: Kahr K40 (night sights) with regular and extended ported barrels, Bianchi belt and Acker paddle holsters! Is is comfy and rides on my hip as we speak. Already have Elite trigger parts on order.
Wow!

rmdye
December 26, 2002, 03:06 PM
first off, i hope everybody had a safe and merry christmas, this is my first post to the new fourm i had just signed up for the firing line , so i moved over here thinks for being here. my family was nice to me got a new rough rider 22 with the birds head grip, and a new glock 17 and band of brothers on dvd, that was more than i would have ever asked for. Ronald

jimmy
December 26, 2002, 03:16 PM
From me to me: a Bulgarian military Makarov in excellent condition. This gun is a little gem, especially for the money. :)

ezoeni
December 26, 2002, 06:48 PM
A new really cool bath robe I can ware while I work at home. A spoting scope, a few towels, Jam and other food stuffs. 45/70 dies

rock jock
December 26, 2002, 06:56 PM
From wife: a couple of computer games, one of which was a joke -"Deer Avenger 4, Starring Bambo". From myself: a LNIB 629 V-Comp with 4" barrel. Still haven't received that one.

Fed168
December 26, 2002, 07:50 PM
Most of the Sinclair catalog. Well, just a couple things out of it. And my puppy turned one year old.

Bainx
December 26, 2002, 08:44 PM
A couple of great blades, thanks to my wonderful wife!

HABU
December 26, 2002, 08:54 PM
The firearms related stuff includes:
An automatic case feeder for my Dillon 650.....scooooooooore!
1000 .45 200 gr. RN and a gift certificate for my favorite gun store (the one in the national news for the last few months):D

Miss Demeanors
December 27, 2002, 10:45 PM
I got a Kalashnikitty t-shirt!!! :cool:

The ultimate present, a HUGE hug from my daughter and niece after they opened the snowboards I gave them :D Can't beat the looks on their faces. :D

cordex
December 27, 2002, 10:51 PM
A bunch of new Winchester .357 mag cases to load up.
And I don't even do the Christmas thing ...

Thanks to Kcustom45 and family.

Pointman
December 28, 2002, 02:29 AM
1911 clips. Asked for Kimber or Springfield (keep it cheap) got Wilson-Rogers... what a Mom!

eotp
December 28, 2002, 02:45 AM
Walther P99, a digital camera, and some clothes.

Seeker
December 28, 2002, 02:58 AM
I Got A Job!, been outta work a long time this comes a major relief for my family and myself.

Also got this slick new forum!

Study Butte
December 28, 2002, 03:11 PM
Clothes,X-Box and I bought myself a Bulgarian Mak.

Drifter
December 28, 2002, 04:08 PM
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspI got a Leatherman Wave, which was just what I wanted. I was suprised as could be when I opened it though, because I didn't remember telling anyone so. That's what too may beers does for your memory I guess. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "What did you get for Christmas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!