Looking for a Kadet guide rod

PDA

NG VI
July 24, 2008, 12:06 PM
I launched my guiderod to my kadet kit after the first session out with it, and can't find it. I ordered a new one from CZ-USA, but they are backordered and did not say anything about the timeline for a new one. Being impatient, I want a new one now, because that kadet isn't going to get thousands of rounds through it if I don't get a guiderod.

Does anyone know where I can buy a Kadet guiderod? Material is irrelevant, so long as it doesn't cause any harm to the gun.

Thanks,

NG VI

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a Kadet guide rod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mainmech48
July 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
The quickest solution would be from CZ-USA, IMO. There might be something else out there in the aftermarket. It might work as well and it might even be cheaper. Or there might not.

At least with a CZ part you're getting a known quantity and it's supported under your warranty should anything go wrong with it or anything else down the road. Having any aftermarket parts and/or accessories on your kit will almost always nix that in the latter instance.

Why chance it?

burningsquirrels
July 24, 2008, 12:21 PM
yeah, but it's backordered like he said in the OP.

if i was desperate, i'd make one out of a pencil. :D j/k

NG VI
July 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
Well I already paid for one from CZ-USA, but I don't know how long they will be backordered for, if "backordered" means two weeks or five months. I am anxious to get the kadet kit back out so I can keep working it out, it's an amazingly fun little gadget and I don't want to stare at it, I want to shoot it.

I am more wondering if anyone else stocks CZ parts that might have some, I checked Brownell's and Ghost, neither one had them.

mainmech48
July 24, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ask Armoredman or FEG. They're both pretty involved with CZs and active on the CZ Forum website, too.

That would be another place to check about alternatives, IMO. Hagan or somebody might even have one on-hand that they'd part with.

NG VI
July 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hah! Imagine that! Not only did Mr. Quinlan from CZF still have Kadet Guiderods, despite the ad being from 2006, but he got back to me on the same day!

I will be buying a stainless Kadet guiderod it looks like!

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a Kadet guide rod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!