should I take my gun?

PDA

mike6161
July 25, 2008, 11:38 AM
I have a friend who has a lot of old duty holsters and I am going to buy one from him. should I take my gun to see how it fits in the holster or just get one there all made the same and will fit it.

my gun is a S&W 66-1 with a 4 inch bbl.

thanks for the advise.

If you enjoyed reading about "should I take my gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbird714
July 25, 2008, 11:45 AM
Can't hurt. You may find one that is a little less worn ( assuming used) or just plain fits better. You can get a bit of variation from one to the other even though they all may be the same model.

Jay

kle
July 25, 2008, 11:46 AM
as long as your friend is OK with it, take your gun, check out the fit, check out how drawing from it feels, how it feels with the holster on and the weight of your gun in it (obviously, make sure it's not loaded while you're doing this).

OFT
July 25, 2008, 11:55 AM
Not taking your pistol would be like buying a pair of shoes without trying them on. You may get the right fit and you may not.

Frizzman
July 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
+1 to above

Guillermo
July 25, 2008, 12:13 PM
+2 on that

If you enjoyed reading about "should I take my gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!