federal LEO question: legal to own personal guns

PDA

sernv99
July 25, 2008, 04:56 PM
I wanted to know if federal personnel that have arrest powers, i.e. DEA agent, Dept of State Diplomatic Security agent, etc, are they allowed to possess guns that are banned in a jurisdictions' limits? Reason I ask is that I'm thinking to switch careers and pursue one of the above mentioned fields, however for relocation assignments within the US, I don't want to relocate to Cali or NY or NJ, where my PTR-91 and AK and my high capacity handgun mags will be outlawed. Are federal LEOs allowed to keep such guns for personal use or would I be forced to sell my collection?

If you enjoyed reading about "federal LEO question: legal to own personal guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MGshaggy
July 25, 2008, 05:03 PM
Nope, no special privileges over state law for personal weapons for federal LE.

ilbob
July 25, 2008, 05:08 PM
Are federal LEOs allowed to keep such guns for personal use or would I be forced to sell my collection?Even if some members of your collection are not legal in a particular area there is no law that reuqires you to dispose of them. They can be stored in a jurisdiction where they are not prohibited.

sernv99
July 25, 2008, 05:14 PM
well some states like Cali and NJ forbid certain guns altogther statewide and I don't have any relatives in states that are gun friendly, that I visit often where I can store my guns. In terms of collection, I'm talking about the FAL and HK clones, not some rare authentic HK MP5 SMG or a one of a kind FNC, etc. I

oh well, just curious...

ilbob
July 25, 2008, 05:40 PM
have you considered a storage locker somewhere? pods?

If you enjoyed reading about "federal LEO question: legal to own personal guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!