Banned members

PDA

Eric F
July 25, 2008, 06:39 PM
How can you find out if a member has been banned?

If you enjoyed reading about "Banned members" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gdvan01
July 25, 2008, 06:43 PM
Search the member list for that particular user and see if it states 'banned' under their name.

Mal H
July 25, 2008, 07:05 PM
How can you find out if a member has been banned?In general, you can't. It is a policy at THR not to discuss in public what actions are taken against members.

Search the member list for that particular user and see if it states 'banned' under their name.That doesn't work except in explicit instances where we deliberately make their title different from the norm.

Eric F
July 25, 2008, 07:09 PM
In general, you can't. It is a policy at THR not to discuss in public what actions are taken against members.

I understand this. I do not wish to discuss actions. Perhaps I asked the wrong question. What I need to ask is

If a person gets banned will they still apear on the members list?

gripper
July 25, 2008, 07:20 PM
Oleg runs a good site here. I got banned at Free Republic for laughing at what I thought WAS a pretty humorous post...AFAIK I am still banned;since when I attempted to reply to a post a while back;I was simply given th ereason "sicko" for an auto response. Here,at least ; if you do transgress you are given clear and unequivocal reasons.

Mal H
July 25, 2008, 07:52 PM
If a person gets banned will they still apear on the members list?AFAIK, yes, they will.

If you enjoyed reading about "Banned members" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!