Ruger Police Service Six Question

PDA

July 26, 2008, 04:30 PM
I have a Police Service Six 2 3/4 in barrel bobbed hammer double action only serial number 158-929XX. Box marked catalog no GF-32 2 3/4 inch bbl. The lady at Ruger told me it was shipped in 1982 with a 2 3/4 barrel double action and that it apparently was a custom order. She had no other information as to the bobbed hammer. Can you guys give me any more information on this revolver?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Police Service Six Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pps
July 26, 2008, 04:51 PM
I have a service six in 4" and love it. It actually ccw's nicely iwb. Your find should be a fantastic ccw piece as well.

Until I got my 627 Smith, the Ruger saw a lot of range time, to the point of having to be rebuilt by Ruger. Tight ass trigger pull now, so I guess it's time to send off to Gemini to get the trigger slicked up a bit.

dispatch
July 26, 2008, 04:58 PM
try this- says 1982---------

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/firearms/PS-SNH-RE-SPSSix.html

JohnBT
July 26, 2008, 10:55 PM
I suggest you contact:

For more information or to subscribe, write Red Eagle News Exchange (Chad Hiddleson - Editor), 1945 Clover Avenue, Perry, IA 50220, or call (515) 465-2057 - Boge Quinn

They track models, variations and individual serial numbers.

It could be a one of a kind.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Police Service Six Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!