1911, 1k rounds down many many more to go.

PDA

possum
July 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
Well my Springfiled Mc Operator, has 1000 rounds down the pipe and i am still every bit as happy with it as i was whne i first got it. there has been 0 gun related reliability issues, or ammo related issues since i have started shooting it. This is my first 1911, but will surely not be my last. Things that i have discovered with this 1911.
1) Wilson combat gun grease is good to go, and works great much better than oil, i have used grease in the past but i am a total convert now and i use that exclusivly, or other forms of grease on all my guns.
2) SA 10rd factory mags are garbage, i had 4 and they are all fubar, and i have since stoped using them, now i just don't know what to do with them. The 7rd factory mags are good to go and the chips that i have are awesome as well.
3) My 1911 loves all the ammo that i have tried so far, umc, wwb, wolf all 230gr, and even ate up some winchester sxz 230gr jhp's with ease.
4) as i was shooting yesterday the rear sight came loose, but that was an easy fix as i happened to have a tube of lock tite in the car, so that is squared away now and the lesson learned form this is that i will locktite all the site set screws from now on off the get go after i ensure that they are hitting right where they are supposed to.
5) My gun can run 600rds in a 2 1/2 period without an issue. i would have tested that even more but ammo is expensive as you guys all know. I just can't wait to take this to a training course and run it even harder.
6) I am very happy with it and i should have been shooting a 1911 alot longer.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/rollins_joshua/operatorandbrass.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/rollins_joshua/operatoronrig.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "1911, 1k rounds down many many more to go." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mad Magyar
July 28, 2008, 09:04 AM
Good to hear some good news about one's pistol...One comment about your satisfaction of Wilson's gun grease...If it's the one with the slim-tube, you'll find that it will harden in cooler weather. I'm not joking, I almost got out my "putty knife" to get it off....:D

Dobe
July 28, 2008, 09:13 AM
Got to love those 1911's. Yep, you'll have another.

possum
July 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
Mad,
Thanks for that bit of info i didn't know that and i will be sure to keep an eye on it. I live down in georgia so i don't forsee that being a problem. what temps did the grease get like that? thanks again.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911, 1k rounds down many many more to go." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!