FNP DAO VS Decocker

PDA

NG VI
July 28, 2008, 10:51 AM
I am looking at one of two FNP models, one is a DAO, the other is listed as a "decocker". Do the FNPs function like a USP, where the control lever allows for cocked and locked as well as DA safe, DA off safe, and also a separate decocking position, or is it like a SiG or CZ decocker that only has the one function? How is the trigger on a DAO FNP? How do the two models compare?

I am looking at the two compact models in the CDNN catalog, if it makes a difference.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "FNP DAO VS Decocker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rellascout
July 28, 2008, 11:07 AM
The Standard is DA/SA decocker no safety

The other is a true DAO hammer pistol.

I prefer the DA/SA

NG VI
July 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
That's what I am planning on as of now, $50 more for the regular DA/SA but that's alright, I don't have any DAO pistols other than two revolvers (don't really count) and two striker fired pistols, which are also sort of a different ballgame. I want my hammer-fired pistols cock-able, cause I like SA. I plan on selling one of the two striker fired pistols to help fund this.

NG VI
July 29, 2008, 09:01 AM
Settling on the DA/SA version, any input on the FNP Compact?

If you enjoyed reading about "FNP DAO VS Decocker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!