Next purchase

PDA

opd743
July 29, 2008, 05:53 PM
Well I did what I said I would not do and sold my Glock 21 .45 to my dad today. He's been looking for one and made me a good offer and told me he would not sell it to anyone else before he gave me a chance to get it back.
Now I have some cash and was thinking what to get next. I would love a set of CrimsonTrace grips for my XD45, but it's hard to spend that much on something that I have no experience with. The other option is a mid-size CCW gun, like a G19/23 or xd45 compact. I really don't have a CCW gun now other than my Kel-tec p-11, ussually just carry the xd5". Then the choice I am really leaning toward, I saw a 10mm Glock 20 about two months ago at this little pawnshop near me for $400. It was a generation III and by the looks of it had hardly been fired. I just did not have the money at the time. If the 10mm is still there tommorow then that is what I am getting. Just really need help deciding between the other two.

If you enjoyed reading about "Next purchase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountGlockula
July 29, 2008, 06:03 PM
I hope this helps with your decision...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/NewG23003.jpg

Rmart30
July 29, 2008, 09:16 PM
I love my xd compact and my 9 sub compact :)

AZGlock13
July 29, 2008, 09:34 PM
If you want to get into shooting 10mm and you also want a good mid-size carry gun, look no further than the Glock model 29 (G29). It is just a tad smaller in length and height than a G19/G23, but just a tad thicker than them. I really enjoy carrying and shooting mine.

opd743
July 29, 2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks AZ, But If I get a 10mm I want the G20. I will carry it on duty as well as the XD 45. Nothing wrong with the G29, it is on my want list to. I am basically asking if I should get a laser for my duty weapon or get a new off duty/CCW weapon if the G20 has been sold already.

AZGlock13
July 29, 2008, 11:27 PM
Understand now. Hard decision, I don't have any experience with lasers on pistols (duty or carry). Hopefully the G20 will still be there.

opd743
July 30, 2008, 12:05 AM
I have no experience with lasers on pistols either. But I loved the way the Crimson Trace felt on my XD. It was fresh from the supplier and had no batteries in it so I could not see the laser. The G20, or for that matter a 10mm, is something that I have wanted since I shot my dads when I was 12. Fourteen years later and I still don't have one. Man I hope that Glock 20 is there tommorow! If not, there are several other places (8) that I can look at to see if they have one. Either way, there will be a new gun/laser report up tommorow night.

If you enjoyed reading about "Next purchase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!