Kahr follow up

PDA

Guns and more
July 29, 2008, 07:08 PM
A while back I purchased a Kahr PM-9 Mainly because of the small size and I didn't want to go to .380. (9mm. ammo much cheaper.)

At that time I followed the Manufacturers directions, including the warning that I should expect malfunctions in the first 200 rounds. I had maybe 6 failures to feed in the first 100 rounds, none in the next 100. (I wrote this earlier)

Today I took the gun back to the range to see if it was 100% reliable. I used nothing but WWB from Wal-Mart. I'm pleased to report that I had no failures of any kind. It went bang every time. I wouldn't fear carrying this as a defense weapon. I used both magazines, (one holds 6 and one 7). I filled them fully each time, and used the slide release to chamber the first round.

I did discover two things that had nothing to do with the gun. (maybe you all could have told me this). My accuracy fell off fast unless I concentrated on keeping my left hand (weak-side) very firmly on my right. At the range, it's easy to get lazy, suddenly I miss by a foot.
Second, I found some shooting glasses at Sportsman's Guide that have a small magnifying area (bifocal) at the bottom. That allows you to focus on the sights and not the target. I liked the result, although I have to say, it makes you hold your head at an odd angle.

I took three guns today, my Springfield Micro-Compact, My Ruger P-345, and the little Kahr. Everything went bang every time and I actually shot better than usual.

Notes for next time: Buy more targets. It's easy to lose track of your shooting when the target is full of holes. Put a roll of tape in my range bag. Relax.

:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr follow up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jocko
July 29, 2008, 07:59 PM
nice report. good luck down the road.

RickW
July 29, 2008, 08:00 PM
Nice to hear ya had good results with the Kahr. I too really have to concentrate with the little Kahr more so than my target pistol.

DZL HOG
July 29, 2008, 10:44 PM
Good to hear your Kahr is running good. I had 3 FTFs with my PM9 in the first 200rds. Being dirty probly didnt help on a couple. Ive got 275rds thru it now. I put 50rds of Blazer FMJ and 6 HydraShoks thru it Sunday afternoon with no probs. Im pleased with its performance. You definitely need to hold on tight to this lil 9mm. I find myself concentrating too much on the DAO pull sometimes, which usuallly causes me to snatch and miss the entire target.
I put 80rds thru my XD9 also, the last two mags it failed to lock the slide back after the last shot. I think its time for a good cleaning and lubing.

romma
July 29, 2008, 11:04 PM
Great job. Thorough, to the point report... Appreciated!

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr follow up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!