2 Dan Wesson 445 SuperMags Consecutive Serial #s

PDA

jbbaldwin
July 30, 2008, 03:56 PM
I have a story to share... I went to have lunch with my wife today and on my way home thought I would swing by my favorite gun shop. Since I was on that side of town it would have obviously been a shame not to stop. I knew they currently have 4 model 15ís in very good condition but I already have 2 15ís myself.

As I make my way around the showcases the owner is working on tags for two 7445 SuperMags in the box they just got in. Iím thinking to myself these are going to be in the $600 - $700 range. Well Iím talking to him and he puts $365 on the first one (missing the rear and front sights) and $465 on the second.

I just bought a 445 SuperMag back in April and I obviously donít need another one, but $365 who can pass this up so I take it. As Iím filling out the papers and talking to the owner I remarked I should take the other one as well. So needless to say the second is on lay-a-way now. Itís $465 and both have the box and tool. Also included is the spent case. I know all six chambers have not been fired on the one I have at home now.

Case heís writing up the ticket for the second one we realize that they are consecutive serial numbers. Needless to say I think I got a good deal on these. Once I get the other one I will post pictures of both.

These are pre-CZ guns...

Also with a quick call to Genny at DW new sights are on the way.

So was I crazy?

If you enjoyed reading about "2 Dan Wesson 445 SuperMags Consecutive Serial #s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluetopper
July 30, 2008, 09:21 PM
Absolutely not!

wheelgunslinger
July 30, 2008, 09:29 PM
NO, you aren't crazy.
I was reading that post all the while saying "OH SNAP!!!" to my houseplants.

Very nice find. Very nice indeed.

Please!! Pics of the one you got!!! :D

45crittergitter
July 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
Jody, you must be living right my friend.

jbbaldwin
July 31, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hey 45crittergetter... since you hooked me up so well with all the 445 reloading components I couldn't pass this deal up! I didn't realize until this morning that the new guns have 10" barrels and not 8".

Here is a picture of the new 445 SuperMag and the one I got from you. The new one is nice but the fit and finish is a grade about of the Monson gun. The picture isn't great I'll have to take more in some good light.

http://www.danwessonforum.com/wp-content/gallery/2_445s.jpg

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
July 31, 2008, 12:46 PM
Dude very nice - I hate you. :p

Reed1911
August 1, 2008, 04:01 PM
JERK! Man what a steal, you got one heck of a deal. Good job!

If you enjoyed reading about "2 Dan Wesson 445 SuperMags Consecutive Serial #s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!