GP100 with half lug barrel?

PDA

BigBlock
July 30, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm thinking about adopting a nice GP100 that needs a new home. It is the stainless 4" model with the half lug barrel. I'm wondering, since they don't make those anymore, do they carry a premium over full lug GP100s? Is the weight difference enough to be noticeable in recoil and carry?

If you enjoyed reading about "GP100 with half lug barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gary A
July 31, 2008, 12:11 AM
I haven't noticed any premium on these, thought they are personally my favorite GP100. I suspect that with little police or security market they were no longer a profitable item. I won't part with mine. I haven't notice any particular difference in recoil though they are considerably lighter and less muzzle-heavy than the full lug adjustable-sighted GP. Wish they still made them.

If you enjoyed reading about "GP100 with half lug barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!