anyone ever hear of "baiting"?

PDA

KiltedClaymore
July 30, 2008, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgNInWQI-qU&feature=related

here is the link.

anyone ever hear of this being used in Iraq? what do you all think? personaly, i don't belive it, but i doubt alot of things.

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone ever hear of "baiting"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bragood
July 30, 2008, 10:12 PM
I have heard of this and know of a few buddies that have actually been told to do this in Iraq. The idea is that only the true insurgents will take the "bait" and when they do, they shoot. The technique is now frowned upon though and I believe last year 2 army snipers were courts martialed and sentenced to prison for some time but Im not sure how long. Yes it has been used.

KiltedClaymore
July 30, 2008, 10:18 PM
The idea is that only the true insurgents will take the "bait" and when they do, they shoot.

faulty logic on the military's part...

bragood
July 30, 2008, 10:20 PM
I agree. Supposedly they used things like cellphones and detonators. They planted them and waited just like some people do when hunting. Too much could go wrong with that scenario.

Drgong
July 30, 2008, 10:27 PM
from what i understand, they tried it but too many folks who where not insurgents where picking up the bait, so they phased it out...

slugcatcher
July 30, 2008, 10:52 PM
It's a good idea that works. A lot of intel goes into where to place these items. War isn't pretty. Fighting it with one hand tied behind your back is a good way to lose.

Jimmy Dean
July 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
I think I would piss people off if I say what I want to on this.

Jeff White
July 31, 2008, 12:18 AM
This is not on topic at THR. Try over at http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone ever hear of "baiting"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!