Tradeing a Kahr P45 for a G30

PDA

doorman
July 31, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hey people,

I am considering tradeing in my Kahr P45 for a Glock G30. I have a G17 and love how it performs. Like the AR I built you can't appreciate the design of something until you dig in to see how it all works.

Step 1 is to go to the range and rent a g30 to get a feel for it.

The P45 was purchased new in April of 2007.

What do you guys or gals think this pistol is worth on a trade?

RU

If you enjoyed reading about "Tradeing a Kahr P45 for a G30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mot45acp
July 31, 2008, 03:14 PM
One of the best moves you will ever make. One of my biggest regrets in gun swapping was letting my G30 go.

MrAnteater
July 31, 2008, 04:15 PM
Good move. The reliability difference between Kahr and Glock is like night and day.

Check out the new 30SF as well. It might fit your hand better than a standard 30.

I would expect a dealer to give you about $350-375 or so to trade.

loplop
July 31, 2008, 11:04 PM
How do you tell if it is a SF?

Doorman: why do you want to dump your Kahr? I've been considering the P45. I love my PM9.

doorman
August 1, 2008, 10:24 AM
This particular pistol tends to be a light striker. Initially it would missfire 6 rounds out of 100. Back to Kahr it went since I wanted this for conceal carry. Pistol came back and was much better. Still, every now and then, a click instead of a bang. Maybe 1 in 300 rounds.

What do they say? The loudest noise you will ever hear in a defensive confrontation is the click of a missfire.

I will tell you, nothing beats this little dude for conceal carry.

RU

finz50
August 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
Good call....shot 700+ rounds off in my G30 with no issues whatsoever.

loplop
August 1, 2008, 10:28 AM
I concur that, for a defensive pistol, reliability is super important. My experiences with spotty reliability of 3" 1911s led me to look for alternatives. My PM9 has been totally reliable. I really like the gun!

But I like shooting 45 better than 9. I'm going to keep the PM9 as it is such a great gun for carry... But I'd like to add a 45. Bigger is OK, since the PM9 will stay. The P45 is a natural fit for me, because I'm pretty used to the Kahr (and revolver) triggers.

The G30 is an intriguing option, though. A little extra size and 10 rounds vs 6 of 45... That's nice! Is that why you're leaning towards the Glock? If you like the P45, you could keep after Kahr to make it right...

jlh26oo
August 1, 2008, 01:29 PM
I approve this trade.

steelyblue
August 1, 2008, 05:12 PM
I had a G30, but did not like it. It was reliable, but the Glock did not feel right shooting 45acp. I was already 1911 spoiled. If reliabilily is all you want, then get it. It is a lot more bulky than the car. I couldn't find a comfortable way to carry the Glock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tradeing a Kahr P45 for a G30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!