Weird database glitch

PDA

Derek Zeanah
July 31, 2008, 05:07 PM
Got the error that "too many connections" were open, which suggests we had multiple people doing rigorous searches, which meant people were reloading pages, and so on.

I'll bring the server down for an hour tonight to defrag the database more thoroughly than the last time I tried.

If you enjoyed reading about "Weird database glitch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
July 31, 2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks, DZ.

I'm Thinking...
July 31, 2008, 05:31 PM
Derek, I formerly had my browser (Firefox 2.0.0.16) set to refresh the Main page every 2 minutes (Due to some unknown thing signing me out, apparently, every 5 minutes or thereabouts. Such involuntary sign outs can be disconcerting, to say the least.). This has now changed - every 3 minutes & 1 second. Perhaps I might/should up that limit to, say... 4 minutes?

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 2, 2008, 12:40 AM
Why don't you just check the "Remember Me?" box so that it keeps you logged in and you don't need to set your browser refresh the main page 720 times a day?

If you enjoyed reading about "Weird database glitch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!