Quick question

PDA

Tomahawk674
July 31, 2008, 08:16 PM
For a Uberti Navy: Are the 3 backstrap screws identical to the 3 trigger guard screws? (As is 2 long 1 short)

I take care in not mixing them up when I take the gun appart but, they look very similar to mem but then again I have crappy vision...

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Omnivore
July 31, 2008, 11:39 PM
I generally go by the notion that if they fit and function equally well in either position, with the same length of thread, they are to be considered interchangeable. Sort of goes without saying after you put it like that.

Back when everything was hand-made, or at least hand-fit, and I've worked on plenty of things that were both, you had to keep track of every single part. Today, not so much. Though there are still hand-fit or individually fit parts on some guns, a trigger guard or backstrap screw shouldn't be one of them. Same goes for nipples- I never bother to keep them in the same position in the cylinder. Something that's been repaired, say, with an oversized thread, would be an exception.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!