Seeking M&P 360 opinions

PDA

TexasShooter59
August 1, 2008, 05:27 PM
For you folks that have owned an S&W M&P 360 for a while, how do like them?

Concerns I have...

1) Carryability

2) Front sight visibility (I don't have the greatest eyesight nowadays)

3) Cleaning an exotic metal alloy like the scandium

4) Practicing with .357 defense loads

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking M&P 360 opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dafitch
August 1, 2008, 05:35 PM
Carries, cleans, and aims just fine.

I hate to shoot it. It hurts.

cpirtle
August 1, 2008, 06:06 PM
1: The easiest gun I own to carry.

2: Not as bright as fiber optic but it is a nice big dot, that's for sure.

3: No different than cleaning an aluminum gun. Just avoid harsh cleaners that are not safe for anodized or nickel finishes.

4: I LOVE shooting my 360, but you have to enjoy a good wollap and be able to take a beating to shoot more than 40 or 50 regular 357's out of it in a session. I usually run 50 38's followed by 30 full house 357's when I practice.

http://www.pirtleranch.com/images/Guns/M&P_360/360-1.JPG

Alan Fud
August 2, 2008, 10:10 PM
1) CarryabilityExcellent and this is coming from a guy who owns a Colt Pocket Nine, Kel-Tec PF-9, Rohrbaugh R9, Kahr MK9, etc.

2) Front sight visibility (I don't have the greatest eyesight nowadays)Better than other snubbies ... that dot just seems to fall into place.

3) Cleaning an exotic metal alloy like the scandiumNo different from any other alloy and the cylinder is blackened stainless.

4) Practicing with .357 defense loadsI stick .38 +P's -- they have more kick in that small gun than my .45ACP! I'm going to do more damage with a hit from a .38 than a miss from a .357

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking M&P 360 opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!