P220ST hardware, buttons, and levers: Stainless?

PDA

huff.jeremy
August 1, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hello,

I have FINALLY found and obtained a Sig P220ST that fits within my budget from a guy who runs a small online store. It will be arriving next week and I am doing some preparation for a complete stripping, cleaning, and possible repairs/cosmetic replacements for the gun.

This gun is polished Stainless, but it is one of the models with the blued(?) mag release, decocker, grip screws, and takedown lever. I was wondering if these pieces are stainless, so that I can polish them as well, or if anyone knew where I could get these pieces in stainless (or any durable silver finish).

P.S. I already have stainless grip screws.

Thanks,
Jeremy

P.S.
This guy who runs the online store was VERY helpful, friendly, and honest; plus his prices are very fair. If this gun turns out to be as good as it appears, and as he described it, i will DEFINITELY add him to that list of good places to get a gun.... if it is still floating around here somewhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "P220ST hardware, buttons, and levers: Stainless?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
D-Man
August 1, 2008, 04:57 PM
I have a P226ST, and wanted to go to stainless controls. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any, though I did try a nickel takedown lever that I orderd from TopGun Supply. While close, it didn't match, and went back to the old black controls.

You're best bet would be to get the controls and any other parts done - I think even Sig offers to do this, but at a high price.

huff.jeremy
August 1, 2008, 05:00 PM
Well, I think I have found a decent source for sig parts, including "silver" finished parts: http://www.topgunsupply.com

But I am still curious if the factory "blued" parts are stainless themselves.

Thanks.

huff.jeremy
August 1, 2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for that information... I was sitting debating on whether to order some nickel parts from that site. You saved me some money. :)

9mmepiphany
August 1, 2008, 06:45 PM
they are not stainless. you can either gt "white" ones from TGS...Tom is very good to do business with

...or have you current ones refinished. i'd recommend CCR for refinishing...Brad is really good too

huff.jeremy
August 1, 2008, 07:13 PM
Thank you for the information. I looked a CCR, and I was very surprised at how inexpensive their service is.

9mmepiphany
August 1, 2008, 07:40 PM
and their CS is good too. a custom smith i work with uses them all the time

If you enjoyed reading about "P220ST hardware, buttons, and levers: Stainless?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!