Bore hunting with a pellet gun

PDA

willbrink
August 2, 2008, 09:32 AM
Impossible you say? Check this out:

http://www.gamousa.com/Videos/62_mov.htm

Amazing!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bore hunting with a pellet gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eric F
August 2, 2008, 09:45 AM
didnt lewis and clark have airguns? IIRC they killed elk with them.

willbrink
August 2, 2008, 09:52 AM
But they were large bore air guns. That's a true .17 pellet gun.

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 2, 2008, 09:56 AM
Did you mean boar hunting?

willbrink
August 2, 2008, 09:59 AM
Yes I am a retard. Should be Boar hunting....

Mr White
August 2, 2008, 12:21 PM
Possible? Yes. Ethical? I don't think so.

Sure, if you're 20 yds away and the hog is standing still and you can place a perfect head shot, its possible, but under normal hunting conditions, its nowhere near ethical.

The Lone Haranguer
August 2, 2008, 12:58 PM
Quackenbush Air Guns (http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/) :)

A little bigger than a .177-caliber pellet, however. ;)

g.willikers
August 3, 2008, 07:47 PM
The Austrians used air powered rifles effectively against the French troops of Napoleon. They had air containers in the stock filled up by a hand pump and were used by snipers instead of the black powder rifles of the day. No smoke and flame giving their position away.

Conqueror
August 3, 2008, 08:05 PM
That is remarkably unethical.

Acera
August 3, 2008, 09:23 PM
+1 Conqueror.

We do not need to make anyone think an air rifle is an acceptable substitute for a modern hunting cartridge. Imagine what PETA would say about this.

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 3, 2008, 09:28 PM
Imagine what PETA would say about this.

Uh, PETA hates all hunting regardless of weapon used. That's like saying, "A triple garlic garlic bread with extra garlic? Imagine what Johnny the garlic hater will say about that as compared to the regular garlic bread which he already hates with every fiber of his being!"

thebaldguy
August 3, 2008, 09:47 PM
I saw that video a while ago. I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Carl Levitian
August 3, 2008, 10:45 PM
up untill the mid 1700's, large bore airguns were as efficiant as the firearms of the day. Not untill the flint lock was around in numbers did the firearm pull ahead.

Lewis and Clark did have an air gun and did shoot deer and elk with it. Also impressed the indians a great deal.

In 1700's and even 1800's Europe, large bore airguns were very common for hunting large game.

In the late 1800's the English air cane could take a robber by huge surprise by shooting a .50 caliber lead ball at close range.

Gary Barnes makes large bore airguns that drop a deer.

These weren't your daddy's Red Riders.:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Bore hunting with a pellet gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!