What came first the Sig or Astra?

PDA

watindes
August 3, 2008, 09:12 AM
Who copied who, I noticed the designs were very similar with the DC and Slide release positions so I was wondering which came first. I have been thinking of getting rid of the Astra to get one of the $270 sigs:banghead: or should I just hold on to the Astra, it holds seventeen rounds while I think the SIG just holds ten? I just need some opinions, I like the feel of the gun but when I talk about it no one has heard of the darn thing but the GISes (Gun Idiot Savant's) here give it the OK. What to do...........

Thanks

Jesse

If you enjoyed reading about "What came first the Sig or Astra?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
August 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
Astra was a copy of the SiG. Good gun, but a clone. If you want a SiG P6/P225, go for it, also good gun, but 8 round mag. If I had the extra cash, I'd be getting one, too.

Phil DeGraves
August 3, 2008, 11:08 AM
The Astra is a steel frame though, while the SIG is alloy. Some of the new SIGs are Stainless steel.

watindes
August 3, 2008, 04:20 PM
little on the low side as fer as capacity, I think I will stick with the Astra for now, it shoots well and 8 rds is really all you need but the more the merrier:-)

If you enjoyed reading about "What came first the Sig or Astra?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!