So I saw a revolver I liked

PDA

Indifferent
August 3, 2008, 12:33 PM
At a store, and I showed my wife.
She was like, "That would be a nice one for me, but you wouldn't use ir right?"
and I say, "I was thinking it would be a nice new toy for me, and it's smaller than our .22 and our shotgun so it would make sense to take it along on hikes, and camping."
she responds with, "But thats a Lady Smith, men don't carry those."

So, is it wrong to carry a LS? Not that I'm concerned about image, just wondering if it is taboo or odd.

Some of them look and feel nicer than the non LS models.

If you enjoyed reading about "So I saw a revolver I liked" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bob79
August 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
If you like it, just buy it.

The LadySmiths are the same as regular guns, they just usually come with nicer grips, usually a different finish, and they say "LadySmith" on the side. I have a M36 3", and a M60 3" both in .38 spl. They are both nice guns.

wheelgunslinger
August 3, 2008, 12:45 PM
well, for some of the hand cannoneers who believe in the manhood:caliber ratio, yeah, it's a sissy gun.

I do not ascribe to this philosophy though. It could have "the man holding this weapon is a milksop mama's boy pantywaist who can't shoot straight because his knees are knocking with fear" engraved on the side, and it would have 0 bearing on my ability to defend myself with that revolver.

If you like it, buy it. But, be prepared to take some ribbing from the knuckleheads in the gun world, if you like to show off your guns. There are guys in the shooting community who like to shoot off their mouths and editorialize on other's choices. Just like in every other hobby.

NG VI
August 3, 2008, 12:51 PM
There's a 36 LadySmith that was at my local shop last I was in there, and every time I went in I had to hold it, and convince myself I couldn't afford it right now. When I was looking at it, the owner pointed out and had me check out the newer stainless revos. Didn't like em, they didn't attract me at all, and they even felt worse. Not sure what models the others were, probably a 60 or a 66, but whatever they were the ladysmith 36 is still calling me.

Get it, LS doesn't mean anything but that they had a little extra effort put into them.

Iggy
August 3, 2008, 01:48 PM
If the bad guy has time to read "ladysmith" on the side of your gun, you need to practice your fast draw a little bit more!!:evil:

Glockman17366
August 3, 2008, 02:55 PM
I suggest you get in touch with your feminine side!

SAWBONES
August 3, 2008, 03:00 PM
I have a Model 60 Ladysmith, but I'm too ashamed to tell anyone.

wyocarp
August 3, 2008, 04:28 PM
Why would a guy want a lady smith? Aren't there enough guns out there to buy without buying a lady smith?

NG VI
August 3, 2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah but I like ladies...

bluetopper
August 3, 2008, 04:58 PM
It draws attention from the ladies.

Kind of like walking a little foo foo dog at the park.;)

moph759fl
August 3, 2008, 05:58 PM
Tell those friends that not only do you like "Lady Mary, Lady Jones and also "Lady Smith with her .38s

tuna
August 3, 2008, 06:34 PM
A silversmith is a man who works in silver.
A gunsmith is a man who works in guns.
A coppersmith is a man who works in copper.

After mentioning that, my wife won't let me get a Ladysmith now - I have to get one without advertising.

Guillermo
August 3, 2008, 06:44 PM
A silversmith is a man who works in silver.
A gunsmith is a man who works in guns.
A coppersmith is a man who works in copper.

That was VERY good Tuna

Other than Tuna's great reason to buy the gun...imagine the advantage your defense attorney would have it you have to use your LadySmith to dispatch a bad guy.

Hey Tuna
I enjoyed reading your post until I saw that you have to get your wife's permission to buy a gun. That ain't right!

Sistema1927
August 3, 2008, 07:34 PM
Aren't all of your guns female, as in "She sure shoots sweet"?

If your manhood is threatened by carrying a weapon with Lady Smith on the side of it then you had better not buy it.

Guns and more
August 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
imagine the advantage your defense attorney would have it you have to use your LadySmith to dispatch a bad guy.

Your honor, my client didn't even have a gun. He had to borrow one from a woman to defend her honor against a band of outlaws.
(cheering in the courtroom!!)
My client is a hero!

lq9crew
August 3, 2008, 09:31 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/mint93sc/DSCF2387.jpg

Yes, I have one. NO, I don't care what you think!:neener:

SHE is a sweet shooter. This is a old pic, now has new Houge Bantam grip which makes her even more beautiful!

Virginian
August 4, 2008, 08:40 AM
I was just going to say that a Model 65 LadySmith 3" is a really great gun with plenty of unph for anyone. Nice looker!

If you enjoyed reading about "So I saw a revolver I liked" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!